cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa OrgChart - Need to add one more option to Box View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are very new to this Nakisa OrgChart. We are using OrgChart 3.0 SP02 Build 0702027800.

One of the requirement is we need to populate few more options in Box View.

Here as a default Name and Designation are populated. as way forward we need to populate few more options line

Employee Sub Group, Qualification, Data of Join and Location.

Please elaborate, How i would like to archive this requirement.

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Dileep P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dileep.

1. Identify where in SAP you are going to get this information and then create/amend RFC functions (if using a live or hybrid architecture) or extract (if using a staged architecture).
  2. I'd consider whether you want to amend the existing view, or create a new view.
  3. Then amend the elements that get the data into the view by either using the view designer in Admin Console (see the admin guide for details) or by creating / amending the XML files directly.
  4. Given the number of extra fields you are looking to add, you may also need to amend the size of the box used by the view.  I'm not sure if you can do that through Admin Console, but you can definitely do it by modifying / creating the corresponding XML files.

Obviously you'll need to test and document as you go, but at a high level I think that's a resonable approach.

I think if you want more details, giving it a try and then posting about any issues you encounter would be the most reasonable approach.  If you haven't had any training on OrgChart I'd seriously recommend getting some and at the very least reading the admin guide cover to cover (at least a couple of times).

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would also consider that displaying something like Qualifications, where multiple Qualifications can exist, will mean that some data is not displayed or the boxes get "dynamically" sized. When this happens it can cause rendering problems, so consider whether a view is the best place to display this kind of information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Let's Park Qualification for some time.

For example: I want to populate the Job Family to Nakisa OrgChart Details Panel.

Details -  Position(s) > Job(C) > Job Family(JF).

As a default we have Position(S) and Job(C) is available in the OrgChart Details Panel, once we will select the Employee.

But requirement we need to populate the Job Family(JF).

Basically this information is available in HRP1000 & HRP1001 table for data and relationships

What are all the steps i need to do this activity ?

After this activity - i will try to pull this parameter to Box View.

Please suggest.

Best Regards

Dileep P

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dileep.

Have you read the "Data Center" and "View Designer" sections of the Admin Guide?

The "Data Center" in Admin Console can be used to "Create and modify data elements that are used in org chart views, searches, and the details panel".  This is about getting your new data into OrgChart.

The "View Designer" section covers the creation and editing of views, including mapping data into display fields to be included in a view.

I know this isn't a list of all of the steps to actually add this field, but I would hope that this is enough to get you started.

If you get stuck, then you can always post your specific query.

I'm guessing you have not had any OrgChart specific training, so it is probably worth giving serios consideration to attending a technical training course (link to course calendar for 2012).

Stephen.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

On the Position details panel Job comes from the NakisaRFC function _SAPPositionDetails.xml, which I guess cannot be edited in the AdminConsole. As a result you'll need to add a table directly to the XML to extract the Job Family information you want to display. If you want the Job Family field(s) to display directly after the Job field(s) in the Position tab then once you've edited the NakisaRFC function and added your field to the data element (SAPPositionDetails.xml) then you can add it to the fieldset 6abf642e58534f80942731270cb37b67 in detail data SAPPositionDetailsConfiguration_Data.xml.

While I would like to echo Stephen's point about taking some training, these type of changes are not covered in training. However, I still think it offers value if you are new to VSN.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

I have a little bit of confusion.

Yes you are right - our plan is to populate this Job Family and Personal Sub Area directly in the Position tab.

As a first Step -1 edited the NakisaRFC function

you mean _SAPPositionDetials.xml  Build name\OTFSchema\functionConfiguration\_SAPPositionDetials.xml file

Or Build name\.delta\OTFSchema\functionConfiguration\_SAPPositionDetials.xml file - Here file is not there - so we have to copy this file and modify accordingly. Need to modify <tables>, <fields> and <Joins>.

As a step - 2 need to Modify the dataelementconfiguration / SAPPositionDetails.xml

added your field to the data element (SAPPositionDetails.xml)

In this i need to add the parameters of Job Family and Personal Sub Area as like this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<fields>

<field name="Object_ID">

<caption key="Field_PositionID_Override"><![CDATA[Position ID]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="PositionText">

<caption key="2169"><![CDATA[Position Name]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="PosInfoSHORT">

<caption key="2207"><![CDATA[Abbr]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="JobID">

<caption key="Field_JobID"><![CDATA[Job ID]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="JobText">

<caption key="Field_JobName"><![CDATA[Job Name]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="JobFamilyID">

<caption key="Field_JobFamilyID"><![CDATA[Job Family ID]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="JobFamilyText">

<caption key="Field_JobFamilyName"><![CDATA[Job Family Name]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="PSubArea">

<caption key="Field_PSAID"><![CDATA[PSubArea ID]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="PSAText">

<caption key="Field_PSAName"><![CDATA[PSubArea Name]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="OrgID">

<caption key="2170"><![CDATA[Organization ID]]></caption>

</field>

<field name="OrgText">

<caption key="2235"><![CDATA[Organization Name]]></caption>

</field>

</fields>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a step3:

I need to modify the File detaildataconfiguration / SAPPositionDetailsConfiguration_Data.xml

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<fieldset max="0" name="6abf642e58534f80942731270cb37b67">

<field name="Object_ID"/>

<field name="PositionText"/>

<field name="OrgID"/>

<field name="OrgText"/>

<field name="JobID"/>

<field name="JobText"/>

<filed name="JobFamilyID"/>

<filed name="JobFamilyText"/>

<filed name="PSubArea"/>

<filed name="PSAText"/>

</fieldset>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this is the way to solve my issue ?  Please suggest.

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Yes, this is correct. Make sure changes to all files are done in the .delta folder. If the file doesn't exist then copy it from outside of the .delta folder.

One more thing, for the caption keys you specify in the data element (Field_JobFamilyID, Field_JobFamilyName, etc) you must add these in the Caption Editor.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

As discussed in the previous reply. As it is i have done that.

I just attached the Code sample.txt file.

Part 1: .delta\OTFSchema\functionConfiguration\_SAPPositionDetails.xml

This file i have written the required <table>, <Joins> and <Outputtable><Fields>.

Part 2: .delta\AppResources\dataelementconfiguration\SAPPostionDetails.xml

This file i have written the required <Fields>.

Part 3: .delta\AppResources\detaildataconfiguration\SAPPositionDetailsConfiguration_Data.xml

This file i have written the required <FieldSets>.

Finally i have placed this files in my Build.

When i try to open my Build in Admin Console. it will take unacceptable time to load the Build. Finally Build is not opened.

Please Suggest.

Best Regards
Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Is Job2JobFamily joined to another table? If not then you need to join it to something. Probably to Job (so the link is the Position > Job > Job Family, as per the Job Architecture).

In the joins, PersonalSubArea is spelt incorrectly (it's spelled PesonalSubArea).

The Output table is ok. Your data element and detail configuration are also ok.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

I have done the correction. But still i am facing the same issue.

When i try to open my Build in Admin Console. it will take unacceptable time to load the Build. Finally Build is not opened.

Now i am just trying only two fields Job Family ID and Job Family Name

By the way - i am just attached all the related files.

File 1: .delta\OTFSchema\functionConfiguration\_SAPPositionDetails.xml

File 2: .delta\AppResources\dataelementconfiguration\SAPPostionDetails.xml

File 3: .delta\AppResources\detaildataconfiguration\SAPPositionDetailsConfiguration_Data.xml

Can you please validate these files once. Let us know.

I have checked the CDS.file after remove all these files from the Build and reload the Build.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1912. 20 Apr 2012 12:10:56 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'extraInfoInMemory'

1973. 20 Apr 2012 12:11:19 ERROR org.apache.commons.digester.Digester - Parse Fatal Error at line 15576 column 22: The end-tag for element type "joinCondition" must end with a '>' delimiter

2047. 20 Apr 2012 12:11:19 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.sap.extractor.SAPExtractorConfiguration : parseConfig : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The end-tag for element type "joinCondition" must end with a '>' delimiter.

2048. 20 Apr 2012 12:11:19 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The end-tag for element type "joinCondition" must end with a '>' delimiter.

2111. 20 Apr 2012 12:11:19 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'extraInfoInMemory'

----------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards

Dileep P

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

There are some errors in SAPPositionDetailsConfiguration_Data.xml. I advise that you use an XML editor to make changes. These lines:

<field name="JobFamilyID">

<field name="JobFamilyText">

Should be:

<field name="JobFamilyID"/>

<field name="JobFamilyText"/>

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

My Issue got sloved.... Thanks a lot for your great support.

One more Issue - as discussed in the same post. Personal Sub Area and Personal Sub Area Text In need to populated in Employee Profile.

Can you please specify - what are all the files i need to update?

File 1: .delta\OTFSchema\functionConfiguration\_.xml

File 2: .delta\AppResources\dataelementconfiguration\.xml

File 3: .delta\AppResources\detaildataconfiguration\.xml

Because i could not able to find related files in OTFSchema folder like _SAPEmployeeDetials.xml

How to populate the one perticular parameter in the Box View. Example Personal Sub Area.

Once again Thanks a lot for your support.

Best Regards

Dileep P

Answers (0)