cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple validate events generated for a new matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a new tab to the item master form which has a matrix grid on it.

This works fine until I attempt to move to the previous or next record whilst the new tab is visible.

What happens then is that every column on every line of the matrix causes a validate event to be triggered, it even triggers the event for hidden columns.

This is really affecting my form and I cannot understand why so many events are generated, does anyone have any odeas?

I am not sure if it is relevant but I have noticed that when moving through the data a click event is generated on item 41 within the item master form but i am not certain what this item is - could it be the "Move data" button from the toolbar?

Gordon Wood

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

I would try putting a BubbleEvent = False at a certain point in the event to cancel further execution.

You could also use the iteration of If pval.InnerEvent = True to catch and further execution, like this

CASE et_Validate

If pval.InnerEvent = True Then BubbleEvent = False

hope it helps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have managed to solve my own problem. I am doing some processing on the grid after it is loaded and if the grid is visible then it fires events everytime a cell in the grid is updated, if the tab is not visible it does not do this.

To get around the problem I have disabled the tab with the grid on it whilst processing it and this has stopped the events being fired but allows me to update the grid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't need the Validate-Event:

You can prevent your AddOn to be fired by all events you don't need for your AddOn by using EventFilter.

But once you are using the EventFilters you must declare them for all events and forms of your AddOn.

Search for "EventFilter" in the SDK-help: I do it as the example shows there and directly after the AddOn has started.

(I hope I've understand your problem...)