cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PRs are being created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have a scenario where we transfer material from Plant X to Plant Y when stock in Plant Y falls below Reorder Point and PR get created during MRP run and which is then converted to STO( By Batch job).

If in case we do not have stock in Plant X and it gets delayed in shipping, On next MRP run system does not take into account already created PR/STO and creates another PR of same quantity. So for a same requirement we end up having multiple PRs

MRP type: PD

Reorder point is on storage location level in MRP2 view.

MRP run is done through batch job.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Sorry if i was not clear enough.System is generating New PR on every MRP run. Though it should only create PR when Stock goes below ROP ie 2 in my case.  Storage location Is planned separately with Reorder point 2 and replenishment quantity 3 which can be seen in screenshot i have provided above. This issue is happening for some specific materials not for all.

Please correct me if i am wrong. For storage location planned separately system only generates procurement proposal when stocks goes below ROP.

MRP run parameters

Plant                                     Y

Processing key                   NETCH

Create purchase req.            1

Schedule lines                      3

Create MRP list                    1

Planning mode                      3

Scheduling                            1               

Display material list               x

Thanks in advance

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the subject of this discussion is "multiple PRs are being created"

The screenshot is from MD04 (I asked for MD06) and does not show any purchase requisitions. It shows purchase orders, but MRP run does not create purchase orders.

So what did you try to show us with MD04?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Usually, this is a rescheduling issue. Your purchase orders may be outside the rescheduling horizon or not included on the rescheduling check in customizing. If you check the MRP results using transaction MD05, instead of using MD04, you will probably se exception message 20, telling you to cancel this order.

The solution would be to extend the rescheduling horizon or to include this planning element in the rescheduling check (customizing). I suggest you to go through the following WIKI, where the rescheduling process is described in more detail:

What is rescheduling and how does it work - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki

See also the following note, for details about the rescheduling check on this specific scenario:

72267: Resched. for reorder point planning or stor.loc.MRP

Regards,

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Caetano.

It was helpful. With the help of  link shared by you i could find out the root cause which was related to Planning horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Jurgen i did not notice that i appended the wrong screenshot.

Thanks for support.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Ok here we have 2 plants  - Plant X  and Plant Y and Plant X Deliveries to Plant Y

1. Is the MRP Type reorder Point Planning in Plant Y?

2. Is the MRP Type PD in sending Plant X?

3. Is special procurement being used in MRP View of material in receiving plant Y or you get a normal PR and then manually convert to STO.

Please give further details to investigate and explain in a step by step fashion

Regards

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

What is the firming Indicator mainained for the MRP Type PD. May be the PRs are not getting firmed. If STO/PO is there definetly it will not generate Fresh Requirement

For PR may be it is not firmed . So please check firming type and planning time fence

• Blank
  • ‘0’ – Planning Results not Firmed.
  • ‘1’ - Automatic firming and order proposals
    rescheduled out.
  • ‘2’ - Automatic firming without order proposal.
  • ‘3’ - Manual firming and order proposals
    rescheduled out.
  • ‘4’ - Manual firming without order proposal.

Regards

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaram,

Firming Type is Blank and Planning time fence is 0. ROP maintained in MRP View 1 is 0 and MRP2 View storage location MRP ROP is 2.

I do not understand How is it related to Firming type.Could you please help me understand it.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PD does not do reorder point planning, and you will not get 2 requisitions for the same requirement

Post a screenshot from MD06 for your material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

In MRP 1 view MRP type is  PD and MRP 2 view Storage location is planned separately, ROP is 2,replenishment quantity3.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use 2 in field of Individual/coll. in MRP-4 view in material master  with t.code MM02 and save.

Now try your process of PR and STO, share- if any issue.