cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple physical inventory documents generated for a single plant

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client has raised a issue.When he runs MICN T.code for a single plant there are several physical inventory documents created for a single plant for a particular planned date.

Is there any customizing setting which needs to be done to overcome this issue.So that whenever user runs MICN for a single plant it should make one single physical inventory document for the materials in that plant for a particular planned date.

Awaiting your reply ASAP Experts,

Pradeesh.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajagopalan_r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use MI31 to create PI documents where you have facility to control number of documents to be created.

Rajagopalan R

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I agree physical inventory documents are created for every storage location.

But I have a case in which for two physical inventory documents plant and storage location are same but material is different even the entered date is same.

Can you please explain why this is happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean that there are two physical document are exist for same plant and storage location on same date. if i am right then this is possible because there are more than one physical document can be created on same date for same plant and storage location. In this case material can not be same till one document is open means not posted.

this is clear that physical document can not be same for one plant with different storage location

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should give all the parameters from your selection screen to allow us to evaluate.

Look at the sorting parameters in the lower level of MICN selection screen.

There is one box, if activated you get a new document when the group changes.

Example, you sort your materials by storage bin, then you get a new document whenever a material is included which has a different storage bin than the other materials in a document.

0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

User does not put anything on the selection screen of MICN other than the plant and then he execute.

He does put put any tick against any box in selection screen.

Please help why is this happening.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no further idea, for anything else I would need a glass bowl or more input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeesh,

Physical inventory takes place at storage location level

A separate physical inventory document is created for every storage location.

Physical inventory document post based combination of plant and storage location.

If no storage location segment exists for a material, this means that no goods movement has ever taken place for the material in the storage location. The material, therefore, has never had any stock at the storage location and does not exist at stock management level in the

storage location. It is therefore not possible to carry out a physical inventory for the material in this storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is only possible when you have one plant and one storage location in system. Physical document created based on plant and storage location so system will create as many document for one plant as storage location you have.you can create one by one for one plant with one storage location .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A physical inventory document is always created at storage location level, it is not possible with the given design to create 1 document for the entire plant.

And even it would be possible you hit the next limitation of 333 items per  inventory document, caused by the fact that 1 difference could lead to 3 accounting entries and and accounting document can only have 999 items.