cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple output types in MIGO_GI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my current setting, a message type would be created and printed immediately once the material doc. of goods issue (MIGO_GI) is posted. (Movement type = 261)

Now, it is required to offer some flexibility to users when printing the mat. doc.

Is there any room to create multiple message types automatically and let the user to select one output type to print in MIGO_GI instead of MB90?

Many Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to print at the moment of postin GI than you don't need multiple message type

you can configure in NACR transciton

enter ME as application adn select the output type as WA01 or which ever you want to use

and execute

enter the transacition event type ans other data than execute and maintian the print relevant data

make sure date/time you enter as 4 means immidiate

so now whenever you post the document for this kind it will print immidiate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info! But let me clarify the requirement.

Originally in current setting, the GI document could be printed immediately when posted in MIGO_GI.

But the new requirement is to offer options, i.e. 2 output types for user to select to print while it is posted in MIGO_GI.

Is it possible to do so?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess that is possible what you need to do is to maintain message record for those output types and at the moment of printing the document system can popup a window showing the available message types and user can select among them ............we have done similar sort of thing in PO

you may also check with abaper to get that pop up window

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you configure multiple output types for mvmt 261, you can set them so that they do not print immediately. But then the user would have to use MB90 to choose the output type.

or,

If the user's profile does not have "Print immediately" set, then they can go to their spool to choose and print.

Or

As mentioned above, create user exit to pop-up a window to choose from upon saving.

Or

If specific users always need to print one output type, and others print another output type, you can configure multiple output types using the "Plant, Storage Location, User Group" option for printer determination. Then, create a profile for each output type. Configure the combination of output type,plant, sloc, user group, and printer. Then, assign the user groups to the appropriate people in their PIDS using PID ND9, value = the user group you defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your quick response!

I'm able to create 2 output types for a mat. doc automatically now and

able to create a pop up screen in the BADI with a FM "POP_UP_TO_CONFIRM".

This FM would return the answer by the user, but how to pass the answer/export the value to the print program which is already a customized Z program?

In the BADI, I use:

Data ans type c.

EXPORT ans = ans TO MEMORY ID 'ANS'.

In the Z program, I use:

Data ans type c.

IMPORT ans = ans FROM MEMORY ID 'ANS'.

but the system code returns 4, and the ans could not be read. Is there anything wrong?

Thanks!

Edited by: Macy Lo on Jun 3, 2009 10:16 PM