cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple line items entry using CATT!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to enter multiple line items in an FI document...I have defined the GL account, amount & tax codes with separate parameter names & I exported the variant to an excel sheet.....I am able to post each line only as a separatedocument...I want to be able to combine like 30 line items into one single document....

Is that possible in CATT????

Have anybody had this problem.....

Thanks

Regards

Morgan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Try using account assignment model ?

Reg

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morgan,

Are the line items large in nubmer or smaller. If is in the smaller range, you can opt for Fast entry option where you have to just cut and paste data from the excel.

I really doubt whether LSMW will work on this.I have no clue of CATT.

The other option (if number of items are too large and freequent) you can go for BDC for this.

regards

RKG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know how to create batch session....can u explain that in more detail...I basically wanna enter a lot of line items & hence I wanted to use CATT instead of manually keying the details in. If BDC makes it easier please explain how that works....

Thanks

Morgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Morgan,

BDC will take more effort from ABAPer side. Instead of that you can easily create a LSMW for that. Once you run that LSMW for upload of data, system will automatically create batch input session and you need to process that session in t code SM35.

While creating LSMW, you can use standard batch input object 0100.

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep & everybody for your time....

Appreciate it...

Thanks

Morgan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a somewhat similar situation, which was updating the Foreign exchange rates, SCATT was initially used to record the transaction which required recording the modification of the field in Header data of a document.

Similarly, I believe and assess, you would have to omit out the details of the document, but you could map document number versus the amounts. SCATT works good on two amounts.

Laters, you export the variant; and as suggested above, and against the document number list the amounts.

Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So u r 100% sure there is no other way to accomplish my task using CATT programming....???

Thanks for all your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Morgan,

I faced the same problem and got out by using LSMW. I think this is not possible through CATT.

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help please!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somebody help please!!!