cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Counter PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus

How to ensure preventive maintenance based on more than one counters /multiple counter.

For example by time (Years) and Usage (Km)

I am aware of multiple counter plan / created cycle set where we can specify the scheduling parameter as AND or OR type and schedule the same but not able to conclude

Please let me know with your suggestions

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

While creating the multiple counter plan ,under the scheduling parameters you can specify the AND or OR specification

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying

Just one thing to clarify. Ideally we use IP42 to create a Maintenance Plan based on a Strategy or IP43 to create a multiple counter Maintenance Plan but we want a combination of these 2

This is b'cos currently feasible option is to create multiple counter maintenance plans based on different Task Lists (Counter 1, Counter 2 & so on) for the same Equipment. This increases the combinations. How to address these 2 at a time??

I mean preventive maintenance based on more than one counters (multiple counter). Eg.Time (Years) & Usage

I will check with the option suggested but let me know the suggestions for above point

Thanks again

Regards

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you elaborate you query in detail, multiple counter plan is used when the unit of measurement for planning the maintenance activity is differenent.for example in DG set you have to replace the filter once in 3 months or 1000 hrs of usage which ever comes first.

For this you have to create cycle set say hours/time, and specify the OR option in the multiple counter plan hence system will create call object once the counter or time is reached first

regards

thyagarajan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vicky

Please give a practical example of what you require.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example: Car where we have more than one counters i.e. by time (years) & usage (km)

In such case if we have 10,000 km reached or 1 year; then tasks / operations 1,2 & 3 to be followed

If we have 15,000 km reached, tasks / operation 2,3,4 & 5 to be followed. Here you can see that operation 2 & 3 are common but addiditioanlly we have 4 & 5 b'cos number of kms are more

Likewise it can be in terms of years. If we create 2 different multiple counter plans based on 2 different task lists; it is very tidious task & so require a option which includes above functionality

Hope i am clear

Thanks again for replying

Regards

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you use multiple counter plan then you cannot able to specify seperate operation for each counter ,in strategy based plan you can specify the same but dimension of unit of measure should be same .from ECC6 additional funtions for multiple counter plan ,check whether it is useful .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/62/496637f4993e44a00fc722d895c012/frameset.htm

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Multiple counter you can define the cycle set & specify the condition OR or AND ,

If OR then the system will generate call any one of the counter reach the value.Time or Hours.

In And stage the system check the both value should reach then only it generate the call.

Regards,

Raj