Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple Batch Selection for MB1c,mb1a,

ramesh_reddy25
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

my clients requirement is multiple Batch Selection for MB1c,mb1a.

we are maintaining 1000 qty in one batch and 12 qty in one more batch so on..

At the time mb1c they need option to select multiple Batch, is this possible??

plz help me

thanks

Ramesh Reddy( vallur)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

what exactly is your business process ?

And in MB1C/MB1A you can use multiple batch for same material

Create separate lines for each batch for same material (enter batch Number in Batch field

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

It is possible to capture multiple batches for the same material in both MB1A & MB1C.

You have to enter separate line items for each batch of the material while posting the material document.

This is standard SAP functionality.

Regards

Prabhu

ramesh_reddy25
Participant
0 Kudos

ya that is possible,but they dont want to go seperate line item, in the same item line they are demanding option to select multiple batches..

thanks and regards

ramesh redddy

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible in MIGO only not in MB1A and MB1C.IN MB1A and MB1C you need to enter manually for each line...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Sridhar.

In MB1A, MB1C you MUST select a single batch for each line item

In MIGO, you can select multiple batches on a single line and SAP will automatically split the document into multiple lines (one per batch).

MIGO also gives you the option to use batch Determination strategies that you don't have in the older transactions. Batch determination strategies can propose specific batches to be used based on available stock, oldest batch first, soonest expiration date, etc.

in MB1C and MB1A all you get is a drop down with a batch number. It doesn't tell you how much available stock is in each or provide you any information about the batch, other than the batch number itself.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter a star in the batch number field and you get all batches with its quantity and can directly enter how much you want from each batch.