Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS WDA manage substitution rule throwing dump

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to implement HR Renewals for ECC 6.0 EHP6 .

Upon launching the Homepage for MSS, we can see the substitution overview application which has the link "Manage Substitution Rules". This link is not working in our system. Upon clicking the link the system throws up dump on the screen.

• The following error occurred in system DV1 : Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.
  • The error occurred on application server sap-dv1-apas_DV1_02 and in work process. 8
  • The termination type was: RABAX_STATE
  • The ABAP call stack was:
    Method: IF_FPM_NAVIGATION~NAVIGATE of program CL_FPM_NAVIGATION=============CP
    Method: NAVIGATE of program CL_HR_NAVIGATION_SERVICES=====CP
    Method: ONACTIONON_MANAGE_SUBST of program /1BCWDY/TR8P4XT6W498IWJFYE0I==CP
    Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/TR8P4XT6W498IWJFYE0I==CP
    Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP
    Method: IF_WDR_ACTION~FIRE of program CL_WDR_ACTION=================CP
    Method: DO_HANDLE_ACTION_EVENTS of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP
    Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW_PHASE_MODEL=====CP
    Method: PROCESS_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_WINDOW=================CP
    Method: EXECUTE of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Is there any configuration that we are supposed to do before we cna start using the substitution overview. I tried looking in the SAP Help documentation but didnt find anything anything (any thing that I can understand).

Please advise me how this can be resolved.

Regards,

PK

View Entire Topic
siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

is it dumping for this application only? there are no specific settings atleast to open this

can you check if the note 1834835 is implemented.,

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

As of now we didn't notice any other link that dumps except this. I will have the basis team apply this patch n see the result. Just out of curiosity, is the note you mentioned (note number 1834835) relevant to my scenario? I have quickly gone through the log of the error and i didn't find any reference to the methods mentioned in the note (GET_SELECTION_FIELDS, GET_PARAMETER_FIELDS and GET_SELECTION_SCREEN_ITEMS).

The error log says that the exception is of type OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED that occurred in the ABAP program CL_FPM_NAVIGATION=============CP.

I attached the detailed error log file for your reference.

I will still get out basis guys to apply the note and let you know the results.

Regards,

PK

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this might not help but anyhow implement this note and can you check dump in ST22

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

Just check in launchpad customizing lpd_cust for role = MSS, instance= NAVIGATION there is manage substitution application defined with alias MANAGE_SUBSTITUTION.

May be that entry is missing and you are getting this error.

Regards

Sagar

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I was just about to post the same reply as you did .. i had to spend awful lot of time debugging the code only to find out that the entries are missing. But I am not able to understand as to why the entries are missing. The launchpad has not been modified. It still is exactly the same as delivered by SAP.

Do those entries come as part of any business function or any patch?

Regards,

Pavan

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it should come as a standard in the system, did you change anyting?

You can check in ST22, you ll see the Launchpad missing

|SY-TITLE|HTTP Control                                                                       

||SY-MSGTY|I                                                                                        |

|SY-MSGID|APB_LAUNCHPAD                                                                            |

|SY-MSGNO|069 

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You should activate the business function HCM_MSS_WDA_2. The customizing etc will come with this BF. Also check out my blog for the configurations-

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2013/02/07/all-that-is-needed-for-co...