cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with MSS in Enterprise Portal.

We have a person who is the head of an Organizational Structure, and no employees have been assigned under the head,which implies that when the head(manager) navigates to "My People-->Employment Changes" , under MSS in Portal no data should come up.

But in our case when the HEAD navigates to "My People-->Employment Changes" , details of some Random employee is getting populated.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Have checked the Tcode ppose for org structure and as mentioned earlier there isnt any employee reporting to that person.

Data in backend seems to be fine.But when accessing from portal she is able to see a employee's details with an error message:

"An error occoured:java.lang.NullPointerException".

former_member31961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Anil said check it in PO13/ PP01 transaction, There may be some position which belongs to diffrent org unit, and which is reporting to the Chief. In that case sub ordinate position may not be seen in ppose transaction, since you are watching org structure under a particular org unit.

Regards,

Shrinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as my understanding is it has nothing to do with the authorizations.

Its just that the when we login to the portal using a manager's User Id the MSS iView "My People-->Employment Changes" displays all the employees which are under that particular manager, which is actually true for all other managers except the scenario which i am talking about where there isnt any employee under that particular manager still details of a random employee is getting populated......

Any help wil be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check in the backend ECC at the first place, use pa30 tcode and click on Org structure to his position and employees list under him.

Use po13 who' are all the sub-ordinates reporting to him. and check what's the reason why its randomly generating the employees lists ?

There is nothing to do with display in frontend Enterprise Portal MSS, check in the backend only why the problem occuring.

Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what authorizations i am supposed to check??

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello iam not sure it just a guess

sikindar

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u check the authorisations