cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS - Error while initiating Travel Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After applying travel request from ESS, request go to the Manager Self Service of his/her immediate boss.

In the universal worklist of MSS when manager clicks on the link of travel request - Error Comes as:

"Error while initiating travel form "

Basis and EP Guys are not able to identify the problem.

Kindly let me know if any configuration is required in ECC or any activities to be done in EP.

Very Thanks in Advance..

Edwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

per default, the Forms of Travel Management use the PDF-Format. For the generation of these PDFs "Adobe Document Services" must be installed on a java server and published via SM59 to the respective HCM Backend. If ADS is not available, Travel Management will still try to use it, thus you get this error. So your options are:

1. Tell your Basis Guys they need to install and configure ADS on a java Server and make A connection in SM59 on the respective HCM Backend.

For documentation check here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd...

OR

2. You can change the displayed Format from PDF to HMTL by doing the following:

- Go to Customizing Travel Management --> Travel Planning --> Expert View --> Define Enterprise-Wide Control Parameters

- Make a new entry and choose HTMLFORM_R_P for attribute and X for value. Save.

- Go to Customizing Travel Management --> Travel Expenses --> Travel Expenses Control --> Travel Expenses Control Expert View

- Set the Parameter of Other Settlement No. 24 (number four for the right matrix) from 0 TO 1, thus setting Adobe Forms inactive.

For Documentation check here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/43/23fee3cad24e87e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

this should help you

regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

As per your suggestions, I was trying to display PDF form in HTML format.

For that I have followed the customization steps as mentioned.

But still the same problem is persisting.

Kindly let me know should I go for the ADS installation or some other steps to be followed for HTML display.

Thanks & Regards,

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you really set the parameters as I said and the error is still occuring, it might be some kind of communication error; because If you set the HTML parameter to any value (X in my suggestion) it overwrites all other parameters for PDF, meaning this MUST work.

Please go to NWA, Monitoring Traclog, reproduce the error and look what exactly it says there. If it's still trying to access ADS, then you configured the HTML parameter wrongly.

Considering your question, whether you should ask your basis Team to install ADS, this is up to you. You can either use ABAP LIST or HTML or PDF; this depends on your requirement.

regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

Very Thanks for your help, Our basis guy has installed the ADS and now it is working fine.

Travel Request has been approved by the Immediate boss on MSS.

We have used Workflow 20000050 for Travel Request approval and it is working fine.

It need your help once again:

After the travel request has been approved by the immediate boss, employee is creating the Travel expense

report for the same request number.

But After saving and Sending the travel expense report for Approval through ESS by the employee,

Expense report for Approval is not Moving in the MSS of his Immediate Boss.

Kindly suggest how to achieve this, Immediate boss should approve/Reject the Travel Expense Report through MSS.

Any standard workflow existing for this ??

Very Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Edwin

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

yes, you can use Standard Workflow WS20000040 "Trip Approval" for this

best regards, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lukas,

We have already activated 20000040 and configured the same in T Code SWETYPV.

Object we are using is BUS2089.

Already we have activated 20000040, but the same problem persists.

Kindly let me know which Event and Functional module is configured in T Code SWETYPV.

Or any other steps we are missing ???

We need Travel Expense Approval on MSS by the immediate Boss.

Regards,

Edwin

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but this exceeds my knowledge. I highly reccomend you to open a new thread for this special problem.

regards, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you check these steps

You can check this default setting with the IMG activity Travel

Expenses Control (Expert View). Set the indicator Other Settlement 24

for the appropriate trip provision variant to the desired value.

0 (pdf active)

1 (pdf not active)

2 (pdf not active only in PR05 and PR04)

Particularly from the OSS note 944221 - you need to check the

report FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE to ensure the destination service

is correct (this can be done by SE38)

Also check the RFC destination using the check FP_PDF_TEST_00.

so check your ADS configuration