cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Comp Power User Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please help me determine how the MSS Comp Power User Mode is used? My understanding is it allows you to log in as any manager and make Comp changes on his/her behalf, but then again I am getting this error which says "You are not allowed to run the poweruser mode for PERNR xxxxx". Your help in explaining what this mode does and how to properly use it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abid Mohammadzai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I went ahead and decided to look into this for you and spent a good amount of time debugging this to figure it out for you. The logic for the power user mode is within the WDA --> HRECM00_PLANNING_UI in the COMPONENTCONTROLLER and METHOD WDDOINIT. Here is a screenshot of the logic i am referring to.

The program basically goes into the standard implementation of BADI  hrecm00_planning_unit_services and GET_COMP_MANAGER_LIST. You can view this BADI in SE18. The standard implementation basically pulls back only a list of managers that fall underneath the manager in the org structure and makes it so you cannot plan for EVERY manager.

This is essentially to put in place a restriction that a manager at the bottom of the org structure cannot do compensation planning for the CEO or something like that. You can set a breakpoint in the code and after the logic returns from the BADI you can look into the  gt_poweruser_mgr_list and see the list that applies for the manager

To further illustrate my proof of concept, here is me trying to enter a manager who is not on the list

Here is when I enter a manager who was pulled back into the list

If you want to change this logic so that you are allowed to process anyone then you will need to create custom logic in the BADI so that all managers are pulled into that table I mentioned above.

Thanks,

Imran

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Imran above has clearly what needs to be done :)m Very good indeed. As per my earlier thread, In the standard delivery, the HR business partner who wants to use the power user mode must have a manager position with a chief assignment. As a default, the system then finds all planning managers which are subordinate to the HR business partner#s chief manager position/org. unit. This is done in BAdI  method GET_COMP_MANAGER_LIST of BAdI HRECM00_PLANNING_UNIT_SERVICES. However, this behavior can be changed/overwritten using BAdI HRECM00_PLANNING_UNIT_SERVICES and its method GET_COMP_MANAGER_LIST, for example, to allow a custom-specific finding of the assignment  with a custom-specific relationship. 1522709 check the note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, Siddharth. Can you kindly explain this sentence of yours again please. I think you have mentioned the same BADI and method both times.

As a default, the system then finds all planning managers which are subordinate to the HR business partner's chief manager position/org. unit. This is done in BAdI  method GET_COMP_MANAGER_LIST of BAdI HRECM00_PLANNING_UNIT_SERVICES. However, this behavior can be changed/overwritten using BAdI HRECM00_PLANNING_UNIT_SERVICES and its method GET_COMP_MANAGER_LIST.

We would like a member of the HR team to be able to log in as any manager and see what they are looking at. That member is not a chief, but if it is required we can make the person a chief. We would like to avoid it though. Mostly HR Business Partners are not chiefs. Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to see the list of eligible employees and select and click on Next button in this screen.

If it's showing this error When you click on Next button, then it will be authorization issue.

Check in SU53 for this user id it will show in case any missing authorizations.

Check the standard roles SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can see the list of eligible employees, but I am not able to MASK in as any manager. I thought this functionality would allow me to go in as any manager. Secondly does SU53 work on the portal? Looking forward to your response.

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I imagine this is an authorization error as well. I do not believe SU53 works on the portal. I have always run an authorization trace on the portal. This is done via transaction ST01 and you can set your own User ID, activate the trace, perform the action, turn off the trace and then view the analysis log of the trace. Try to only perform the action of submitting the form when the trace is on to minimize what all is pulled back.

If you do not have authorization to run the trace then work with your basis/security team as necessary to get this done.

Thanks,

Imran

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3174840 Su53 will work also if you have  a WD ABAP or you can launch it via se80 too, but ST01 you can use as indicated above. Can you chekc if manager is the chief of org unit, can he do poweruser check above thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Siddharth. What I would like to know is if someone from the HR team can go in and proxy as a manager if the HR personnel has the Comp Power User role. Our senior leadership is not entirely familiar with the comp process so we have given the HR folks the Comp power user mode so they can proxy in as the managers and see what they are looking at. However, the HR folks are not able to proxy as any other pernr. Your help would be appreciated.