cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP TYPE IN REORDER-POINT PLANNING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know the difference between the V2 and VM MRP type in the individual Material Master record.

Because, for me, both are for Automatic Reorder-Point Planning and I don't know which I have to choose.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The difference is whether external requirement (sales order/reservation) are included in the net requirements calculation for reorder point planning.

VM doesn't include these requirements, and V2 Include them within the replenishment lead time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for this answer.

When I put V2 in the MRP type, the system asks me to enter the forecast data for the new type of planification.

I don't know why.

Because I want that the system determines automatically the Reorder-Point planning from PAST consumption data , I don't understand why the system requires the forecast data ???

Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forecast program is used to calculate reorder point.

check this document

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/f4/7d257044af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Even when you the calculation is based on past consumptions, in the forecast view you maintain parameters for tendency (seasonal, etc), how many periods are to be taken into consideration and you may also manually adjust consumption quantities. You may refer consumptions to other materials (i.e. when you have a new material code, replacing an old one, you can use this old one historical consumption data to calculate reorder point).

Hope this helps