cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Process Streamline (Solution to leverage out MOST!)

former_member2091
Participant
0 Kudos
  • Hi All,

We have recently implemented MRP but we are still facing some challenges in streamlining the process to leverage out most from this tool in automation and analysis.Below is brief of our business process and our SAP process and at the end I ll write challenges that we face. I would really appreciate if you guys can comment on it and help me setup a smooth planning.

Process

Sales forecasts entered at Depot level, Aggregated and in management meetings Till first week prod planing is completed (NO FIXED DATE). Gross Planning is used at FG level and start 10 at SFG and below levels.

2 type of plans are prepared

• 1 Yearly Budgeted for LTP ( non active)
  • 3 months every month with current month FIXED and next two as tentative.

Before uploading PIRs user will delete old PIRs from MD74/75/76 and current months demand gets reduced on its own with each booking (strategy 11).

My Issues are

• I need to build report for Planned production vs Actual prod but all old PIRs are deleted every month and if I don’t delete PIRs they just increase planning.
  • Users use plan orders for next month since planning is done for 3 months and it creates confusion.
  • I need to add Quota arrangement where PR to PO conversion can be automated but Im not very confident with current process and would really appreciate if you folks can offer improvements.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

why don't you put a custom validation that plan order to be convert as per dates PLAF-PSTTR.

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to build report for Planned production vs Actual prod but all old PIRs are deleted every month and if I don’t delete PIRs they just increase planning.

Reply : No need to Delete PIR . As PIR is consumed during the GR of production Order.

former_member2091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi P Puri,

Lets suppose I upload 10Kg each for Jan and Feb. Now MRP creates plan order for both. User will consume 5Kg from both planned orders and both PIRs fir get reduced to 5Kg.

Now in FEB, ill again update monthly plan; What do you suggest at this time, if I dont delete PIR, how to add new plan.