Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP job is failing

pradeepkumar21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Our daily mrp job has failed because of many materials in that plant have no planning file entries created. How can I check those materials in mrp automatically before mrp runs. I planning file entry only gets checked if there is changes in Stock, production orders etc. But I want to check those materials automatically without any changes in Stock, pos etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

What is your system release? Based on your error message, I assume you are running MRP Live in S/4HANA, right?

If you got the error "no planning file entry exist for this selection" it might be the case that the planning file was not created in the table or maybe the planning file flag NETCH was not set.

If there is no planning file in the planning file table PPH_DBMV, then you need to run report PPH_SETUP_MRPRECORDS to esure that all the planning file entries exist.

Otherwise, if the planning file entry exists but the flag was not checked, it basically means that there was no MRP relevant change since the last MRP run and those materials don't need to be planned again. If you need to force them to be planned, make sure you are running regenerative MRP.

Regards,

Caetano

kumar_semmalai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Our daily mrp job has failed because of many materials in that plant have no planning file entries created.

I hope you are running MRP in MD01/ MD40 ( Plant Level). In-case Plant level MRP run , system will check first, Whether Planning file entries (MRP performance will get increased instead for running All materials in the plant) available or not. Incase Planning file Entries not available for that material, it will get failed. So, Please maintain it manually for those materials or check with T-code: OMDU.

I planning file entry only gets checked if there is changes in Stock, production orders etc. But I want to check those materials automatically without any changes in Stock, pos etc.

As per Std. MRP procedure, system will activate planning file entries indicators incase any changes relevant to that material .Can you please provide you business case?

Best Regards,

Kumar Semmalai

pradeepkumar21
Participant
0 Kudos

For some mrp areas planning file entries are getting created for plant and in some mrp areas planning file entries are not getting created. We are getting the demand for header materials form apo. Our daily mrp is failing because of error "no planning file entry exists for this selection"