cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Element "Stock" in MD03 and MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MM Expert,

the plant Z001 contains the 2 storage locations SL01 and SL02. there is a quantity 3 of the material 100200 in the store SL01 and an 20 in the store SL01.

the stock of the material100200 in the plant Z001 is 23.

but when the run MRP calculation on the MRP area Z001 (with MD03), the available stock is "0" ZERO! while in the reality the available stock is 23 !!

thank you to explain to me how can I do to get the real available stock of the plant Z001 in the MD03 and MD04? (MRP elemnts STOCK, and Exception message 96).

thank u in advance.

SDA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MD04, how many pcs are available at the end of the horizon? It is Zero or 23 ?

I ask this question because there are two ways of displaying requirement list :

1- Individual lines displaying : the initial stock = stock available et the plant level

2- Period Totals displaying : the initial stock = stock available - security stock

I mean, If you find ZERO at the and of the horizon that is mean that in MD03 it takes into consideration the available stock "23" just you don't see it because of the displaying mode.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please to check the material status, if the stock is bloqued for any reason. the MRP calculation doesn't take into consideration the restricted stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi meher,

the material used is not bloqued.

other help plz ?

thanx.

SDA

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check:

- whether your storage locations are assigned to a separate MRP area from the plant (SPRO > Production > MRP > Master Data > MRP Areas > Define MRP Areas - here search for records with plant "Z001" and MRPa type "2" > check whether your SLoc are assigned to it)

- please check the material master of your product (MM03 > MRP4 > Sloc MRP indicator, give both Plant "Z001" and SLoc "SL01", than SLoc "SL02"), maybe your SLoc is exluded form MRP.

- please also check the stock type of the goods in MB52 / MMBE (blocked, restricted - maybe that is the reason MRP doesn't calculate with them)

- please also check the planning strategy on MRP3 view of material master

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 12, 2009 5:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I would lik to think you for your answers.

1- for the MRP Area, i have 2 MRP area for the 2 SLOC , and the are assigned to the plant Z001.

2- for the MRP Sloc Indicator, i dont have this information in MRP4, but i have checked in OMIR tcode, and i have found both of Sloc SL01 and SL02 assigned to the plant Z001 with MRP indicator " " (space).

3- for the stock in MMBE, and MB52, i have 23 units in "unrestricted use" stock in the plant Z001

but the problem persists in md03 or md04 , i have an stock availibale "0" !!

other check's to do ?

thank you in advance.

SDA

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- for the MRP Area, i have 2 MRP area for the 2 SLOC , and the are assigned to the plant Z001.

Are you saying that you have two MRP areas, one (MRPa type 1) is the plant itself, and the other one (MRPa type 2) is assigned to the plant. The SLocs are assigned to this latter one.

If it is so, please check MD04 using the second MRP area (MRPa type 2), you should see the stock as available stock. In this case SAP doesn't consider the stock of these SLocs for the requirements that exist under plant MRP area.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 13, 2009 1:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually, we have 3 "mrp area", one for the plant Z001, and one for each SLOC.

I understand form your response that the available stocks appear for the SLOCs and are not taken into the plant.

I thank you for your help.

nb: points are assigned to your account.

SDA