cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I trying to execute MRP (MD03) to create purchase requisitions but something is failing.

In material master i have selected in MRP 1, 2, 3 and 4 the following information: MRP group selected to the one created, MRP type is VB, quantity in Reorder Point and Maximum stock level, MRP controller for the one created, HB for lot size, planned delivery time 2 days, GR processing time 2 days, availability check KP.

In terms of configuration, i mostly worked with tcode OMI8. I've updated the number range for the one created for purchase requisitions, defined who is the MRP controller, in special procurement i copied as... the standard functions for my plant, in available stocks i've selected stock in transfer for the plant. In OPPZ, for the external procurement per MRP group, i've selected the DocTye SPO to our custom purch. req.. For the material type, it's maintaned only for raw materials,The requirements planning (OMDU) is activated for the plant.

In MD03, processing key is NETCH, create purc. req. 1, SA deliv. Shed. Lines 1, Create MRP list 3, Planning mode 1 and Schedulling also 1.

It executes sucessfully, but does not create a purchase requisition.

Can someone help me understand what's wrong and/or missing?

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MRP run results in the creation of planned orders that may be converted to purchase requisitions. Kindly check  the stock requirement list in MD04 which is used to convert a single planned order to purchase requisition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I am not aware of what should be appearing in MD04

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you expect more requisitions, you have already a lot.

And how do you think a stranger can evaluate your situation without knowing your reorder point settings in material master? Just saying "quantity in Reorder Point and Maximum stock level," is a bit too vague for an analysis, don't you think so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point I have a lot yes, but it is because I could not afford to wait for this question to be solved and so I created those at ME51N. I may transfer all my stock to other plant but but even when i did that before the question persisted.

I'm sorry but I'm new to the software so I'm in no position to know what is vague or not. I have multiple materials with MRP, and so a manually introduced number, without great logic because it's only for testing purposes, that varies from material to material did not seem a key component.

For Areia ("sand"), the reorder point is 80 and maximum stock level is 100.

Thank you for your help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to take some basic training by colleagues or your IT department if you are not a consultant, even starting with reading documentation in help.sap.com, F1 field help in SAP, documents and blogs in SCN would be a good starting point.

If you have a reorder point of 80 then you only get new requisitions if your current stock falls below this 80. And you get only requisitions then for the difference between your maximum stock level of 100 and your stock at the time of running MRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I've put it to function correctly.

Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the following link which has a good explanation on Manual re-order point planning and run few scenarios in your QA systems to have a better understanding of how the process works.

Br,

Raghu