cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Area for stock / inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can we find the MRP Area from a material document (in order to have the stock for MRP Area) ?

By using the Material, the plant, the storage loacation or by using the linked documents ?

Thanks for your help

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MRP areas combine one or more storage locations for planning (if it is defined as type 02), so look for the storage location in the material document and associate it with MRP area.

Edited by: Jeevan Sagar on Oct 25, 2011 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MRP area doesn't depend only of the storage location but also to material and plant settings.

Things seems not to be so simple.

Christophe

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MRP area is not dependent on material settings but you do assign MRP area to a material and can have dedicated MRP view in material master for that MRP area. MRP area is just separating out planning run for the storage locations (in case of type 02) when you don't want the planning run to consider all the stock in all the storage locations in a plant.

For example if you just want the requisitions to be created based on the stock in the main warehouse but not consider stock in production storage locations elsewhere in the plant.

I'm still not clear why you want to link a material document to MRP area

Edited by: Jeevan Sagar on Oct 25, 2011 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business want an analysis of the stock using MRP Area, so i'm searching how to link

material movements and/or material to MRP Area.

If a material is linked to several MRP Area, how to select the good one .? MRP Parameters at MRP segment level

can be very complex, no ?

I you think that this analysis have no sense can you explain why ?.

Christophe

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I reckon the business wants to see all the stock acquired though purchase made in that MRP area. Since they seemed to concerned about planning and may want to ignore the stock ordered manually (you need to confirm this with business). You may have to create SQL query to report this.

In the table EBAN, filter out all the values the field ESTKZ = 'B' and BERID = your MRP area (if BERID is empty you need to input all the storage locations assigned to that MRP area) and the field EBELN, EBELP, BSMNG contain the purchase order data created from the purchase requisition. You need to inner join that to the purchase order table, EKPO and inner join this to table EKBE (there you can find the material document also) and out put the quantity received.

Edited by: Jeevan Sagar on Oct 25, 2011 11:14 AM

Optional analysis: If you just want to analyze all the stock per MRP area input all the storage locations in MB5B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In this material master will help you

If material is under MRP then in MRP veiw you maintain MRP area setting like MRP area segment in material master

Regards

kailas Ugale