cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR21 change material status in previous period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Could you, please, help. I need to change standard price for many materials with MR21 for period 01.2015. When I do it with data 01.01.2015, these materials will have status New Object not only in period  01.2015, but also in 12.2014 (when there are a lot of postings already). This means that when I run Material ledger for 12.2014, materials with status New Object will not be take into account, which will lead to troubles. Is it possible MR21 NOT to change status of the materials in the previous period?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Svetlana

View Entire Topic
michael_savarimuthu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Svetlana,

The standard process for release of a new standard cost for a material in a future period takes the form of creating a new standard cost estimate, marking it and releasing it in the new period. 

That aside, why do you think materials with the status "New Object" will not be taken into account for 12.2014?

Cheers,

TD

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toidi.

Svetlana point is correct. Materials with status NewObject are not consider in the ML Close.

About this, i have 3 points to share:

+ MR21 set in the current period to status 20: Price Change Compleated, not to status 01 New Object

+ MR21 dont change the status of the previous period. If this happen in your system its a goos idea to report in the Marketplace.

+ You can force the ML close of materials with status New Object following the instruction in OSS

1602599 - Additional selection options for selection. This practice is quiete common in the go-live of an implementation.

Arturo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

Our customer refuses to calculate standard prices, but prefers to use MR21 once a year.

I tested this case and ML didn`t calculate actual prices for materials with status New object.

Regards,

Svetlana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Arturo, you are right, MR21 set in the current period to status 20: Price Change Completed, but for the previous period status is New object. So I don`t have issue with current period, but with previous (when I change price in the current period, ML is not yet executed for previous period).

Actually I think that CKMM changes status, because in order to use MR21, first we have to change price determination from 3 to 2, and then return it back from 2 to 3.

I will try your hint with forcing  the ML to close the materials with status New Object.

Thanks a lot!

Svetlana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arturo, hi!

We tried OSS 1602599, Material ledger took materials with status New object in the previous period, but price differences were not distributed. So this is not a solution for us. We have to distribute price differences for materials in previous period after we changed standard price with MR21 in current period.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Svetlana

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not use CKMM to change material status. If you do this, all prices difference and actual cost component split will be lost. To change status you can use specify status in CKMHELP.

Why don't you mark future prices and schedule a job to release on Jan 1st ?

regards,

Rodrigo Glauser

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you plan to work with MR21, the correct flow is:

1. do MMPV

2. short time after MMPV, do MR21. If the material dont have GM, you can do MR21 without problems.

3. do ML Close in the previous month.

You must dont do the trick with CKMM, to change S/3 > V2 > S3. This procedure is only for emergencies or in the case you dont have stock or GM.

The problem about the ML close dont clear the price difference is a correct behavior if you the CKMM trick, because this change the internal structure of tables. This is explained in OSS 384553 - Data inconsistencies after CKMM

About  OSS 1602599, this work well, and is not intended to to correct this problem created with CKMM.

Also, its a good idea to read:

703604 - CKMM: When to change price determination '2' to '3'

Arturo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Arturo, thank you very much!

We run MMPV  and immediately MR21 and it works! Previous period ML was successful and current period material status is ok.

Regards,

Svetlana