Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR11 Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Have a query related to MR11.

This transaction is used to clear outstanding entries in the GR/IR account. Suppose if I do MR11 for a PO for which GR is already posted, it will clear the GR/IR entries and post account maintenance document. Now if I post the invoice for the same PO, it allows me.

My query is- if the GR/IR clearing is already done for the PO, why the system should allow invoice posting again?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

if you want to restrict that function go to OMRM transaction and make the message M8 504 as error.

Regards,

Ganesh.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what would you then do with the invoice?

I don't think your vendor will cancel it just because you did already MR11

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Billade,

Yes The system would allow posting for the outstanding entries.

Kind Regards

Oruade Tega

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The system will allow posting of further invoices because it can happen that an invoice arrives late or a user does MR11 too early.

You then just do another MR11 or you cancel the the initial MR11 with MR11SHOW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems correct logically.

Thanks for you responses

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, GR IR account maintenence is not an alternate to the GR or IR posting . However system will allow to post the Invoice for you . SAP says the following Quantity differences between goods receipt and invoice receipt for a purchase order result in a balance on the GR/IR clearing account.If the quantity invoiced is larger than the quantity received, the system then expects further goods receipts for this purchase order to clear the balance.If the quantity received is larger than the quantity invoiced, the system then expects further invoices for this purchase order to clear the balance. If no more goods or invoices are to be received, you must clear the balance manually. This can be done in different ways: You can return the extra goods to the vendor. You can cancel the invoice and post a corrected invoice or a credit memo for the surplus posted quantity. You can clear the GR/IR clearing account manually. Please make a note that this activity to be done at the end of the period as a closing activity . Regards