cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'moving average price for material is negative' M8783

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following error is coming while posting MIRO 'moving average price for material is negative'

It is like that material is gas and maintained at MAP. I have already checked note no. 753286 and 356757. but still I need some other alternative as solution suggested in the note can effect out finencial books in the end of the year.

every time we are doing MIRO we are decreasing amount in line item of MIRO(because of current market price). we have enetered around 40 invoice against that particular PO, but no more further invoice is getting posted and showing above error.

Please sugest what can be the other alternative instead of what is mentioned in the OSS note.

regards

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

JL23
Active Contributor

every time we are doing MIRO we are decreasing amount in line item of MIRO(because of current market price).

your goods receipt was posted with a different price, a higher PO price.

any goods issue done before you do MIRO is evaluated with the wrong (too high) moving average price.

so you have already wrong prices and valuations in all your goods issue postings and your financial books, why do you then worry that a correction hits the financial books too?

There is no way to correct the situation without hitting the financial books. In any valuated stock, a correction of quantity or value will result in a change of stock value or valuation price.

you have to change the moving average price with MR21 to price that is high enough that the total value of the stock can be reduced with the difference from the MIRO posting.

After you were able to post MIRO, you can again change the moving average price with MR21 to a price you want.

And then you should correct your PO prices to a price that does not vary to much from the market price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help how I can creat test case scenario in development where I will get similar error. I have tried but every time my diffrence is getting posted into price diffrence account.

Can anybody provide me values.

Qty and Value should become zero in MM03 only MAP should be there (as all material has been issued and consumed before invoice)

regards

vb

Edited by: vikrant1811 on Nov 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

actually all goods issue are consumed.

how we can use MR21, if our stock is zero.

price diffrence acccount is activated in OBYC, I have checked that

regards

vikrant bhardwaj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MR21 is a transaction to change prices, if there is no stock, then only the price in your material master is changed, it does not create any document for value adjustments when the stock is zero.

If there is stock, then price is changed and accounting document is created to adjust stock account in FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

somebody please help on this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI jURGEN,

cAN U SUGGEST SOME METHOD WHAT CAN BE DONE IF GOODS ARE ALREADY ISSUED BEFORE INVOICE. AND NOW OUR STOCKS SHOWING 0 QTY. AND VALUE. So in this case we can not use MR22/MR21. also goods issued are already consumed.

how can this error be solved.......is writing to SAP is a solution

Please help.

regards

vikrant

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your stock is zero, then you should not get this error message, because a moving average price can only be calculated and adjusted in case you have stock.

if there is no stock, all difference will be posted to difference account and moving average will not be hit.

technically MR21 can be used to change a price even the stock is zero.

Cant you cancel the last goods issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

also client has issued the gas already, and now stocks are showing zero value and quantity in MM03.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is asking for diffrent solution instead of this, He has make one Po and against that Po he had made no. of GR and IR. GR with Po price and IR with current market price. I understand that scenario is same as mentioned in note.

Please if you can suggest some other alternative, if there is any.

regards

vikrant bhardwaj

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl raise a ticket regarding this issue with SAP,Provide solution given by them to your client.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

agreed with jurgen

you have to go for MR21 for the difference price

also to avoid this do GR in blocked stock and after invoicing release it to unrestricted use

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution is already suggested in note 753286.