cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Accounts Across Drawers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to transfer/move some Title Accounts and their and their sub-level accounts from the OPERATING COSTS drawer to COST OF SALES drawer. Am trying this and a system message says: "cannot transfer account".

What are the options? Is it possible to create new accounts in COST OF SALES drawer and copies contents of the accounts that i want to move from OPERATING COSTS drawer into the new accounts? and if this is possible, whats the correct procedure to achieve that? Thanks.

Regards,

Henry

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

In order to achieve this you must select both drawers under Edit Chart of Accounts. You cannot move titles or accounts to an "unselected" drawer using edit Chart of Accounts.

Hope this helps

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I surely had opened the the two drawers when attempting to transfer accounts between them without any luck.

Regards,

Henry

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HOw are you trying to move the account from One drawer to another.

In the Edit CoA window on the left bottom you would see G/L Account Location. First you highlight the G/L Account from the Right Pane and use this G/L Account Location options to move your account.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Thats exactly what I have been doing and I'm able to move accounts to different locations in the same drawer, the problem comes when am trying to do the same but across drawers.

Rgds,

Henry

lorna_real
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

To transfer an account from one drawer to another (from Asset to Operating Costs for example), please do as follows:

1. In the Edit Chart of Accounts window, select the account that you want to transfer.

2. Set the Level of the Account to '2'. This is needed as this is the highest level that an account can have. Level 1 is only meant for Drawers.

3. Change the 'Drawer' to Operating Costs.

4. Specify the Parent Article.

5. Click Update.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,

Lorna Real

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorna,

Works perfectly. Thanks a lot.

Rgds,

Henry