cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

I am doing subcontracting between two plants when plant 2 sends raw material to plant 1 i have created two material codes 1 material code if raw material (roh) and another material code is halb(semifinished)

Material type have qty and value update

when the unit 2 sends raw material to unit 1

I am creating a sales order with respect to that sales order i am doing 501 e and bringing the stock inward. But when i see the accounting view of material master no qty and value update happened. But materialtype is having qty and value update but why in material master it is not updating whether it depends on the movement type

Regards

Badri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This should not be a problem, as in any case you'll have to create material  master for both the plants. Just change the material type while extending the same to the plant where it is being considered as Raw Material. Maintain the type of procurement as "Both External & In-house production".

While creating BOMs in the second plant, you can attach this material as a component.

Then quantity and valuer would be updated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain how this should be possible: Just change the material type while extending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badari Prasad,

Why don't you try STO standard process between two plants?

Regards,

Mohsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally movement type 501 will not update price in accounting view of material. It is because we are not maintaining any value/amount while posting the goods.

Any way, if you want to change price in material master, you have to make few changes in customization.

1. Go to transaction - OMJJ, select movement type

2. Enter 501 then enter

3. Double click on Field selection(Enjoy)

4. Add one new field EXBWR (Ext. Amount in LC) and make it as optional and save it.

Now once you post the goods, you will get one field Ext. Amount in LC . Maintain it as per your price, it will update the price in accounting view of material master.

Regards,

Rudresh

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check stock in MMBE for material and plant

Regards

Kailas Ugale

former_member357396
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created two material codes which have qty and value update in unit 1 for inwarding  the stock sent by unit 2 is it correct or wrong process. After inwarding i will do the production process and then send the sfg material to unit 2. Please guide me on the process. i am inwarding the stock sent by unit2 to unit 1 by mb1c tcode and movement type 501e.For the work done unit 2 will pay the processing cost to unit1

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Can you please check MSSA-KZBWS for the sales order entry? If it's blank, then it's non-valuated.

You can also refer to F1 help of KZBWS for details.

If MSSA-KZBWS = M, then you need to check table EBEW instead of material master.

Thanks and regards,

Polly