cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type for transfer posting from storage location to project stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone please tell me what is the movement type for transfer posting of material from Storage location to Project.

I'm doing this with 311Q but in from screen its asking for WBS element, where as my requirement is I want to transfer the material form my general stock to a project.

Can anyone help me for this issue?

thanks in advance,

regards,

praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not strange that SAP asks for WBS, please check SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4d/2b92c943ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Quantity of a material which is held in stock for the completion of a project. The project stock is allocated to a work breakdown structure (WBS) element. Components can only be withdrawn for the WBS element.

How do you want to move your unrestricted stock to project stock w/o specifying the WBS element???

It's similar to sales order special stock I think, where you have to specify to which SO the SO-special stock belongs.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

thanks for your reply,

I have unrestricted stock of a material say Bearing 6030 - 100 nos in my revenue inventory.

A project is going on in my plant and I want the same material for my project, so why should i procure the same which available in my inventory, when there is sufficient stock available? I can simply transfer that material to special stock 'Q' then issue that material to the WBS element.

Please clarify me.

Regards,

Praveen

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Please understand that the strucure of special stocks are:

consignment: K+vendorID

sales order: E+SO number

subcontracting: O+vendorID

The situation is same with project stock. There's no "Q" in itself, there is only Q+projectID.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must input WBS when u use Movement type 311Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kâlÿânji Anândji,

Yes, but 311Q is not for transfer posting from storage location to project stock,

Its for transfer posting for one storage location to other storage loaction for the same project.

It means the stock is already there for the project, but only transfering from one storage location to another storage location.

My requirement is not that. I dont have the stock in project stock, but its available in general stock, i want that stock available for project stock.

What is the movement type for that? i tried with 412 Q, but its for reversal of Project to own stock. And more over when I'm using this its asking for cost center. Why a cost center is required for this movement type in addition to the WBS element.

Can some one help me out?

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I got the solution,

Use the movement type 415, which allows you to transfer the material from storage location to Project stock.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can some one please help out?