cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement type 415 Q with split valuation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my system(4.7C), with movement type 415 Q, user can give any valuation type in the destination field even thought the valuation type is not exist. Is this sap standard function that 415 Q works like this? (I'm not sure on this since there are so many user exit are used). I checked also 311 Q, no check for destination valuation type either. I did not find any good document in notes. can anyone tell me if this is the sap standard funtion? how to prevent user give valuation type not exist? thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hua Jun Wang,

Without maintaining valuation type the system will not post the transaction.

- Go to SE16 transaction and use table MBEW

- Give your material number and plant (valuation area) and execute the transaction.

It will give all valuation type which is maintained for that material in particular valuation area.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using batch valuation ? What is your valuation category and valuation types defined for it ?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

H, Ramki, I'm using split valuation. the valuation category and valuation type is created by myself. I guess the name does not help you to investigate this .thanks.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked this because, if you use valuation category relevant for batch costing, then you do not need valuation types created in material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer. sorry I forgot one thing to mention. the material is not batch managed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hua,

Do you mean to say that the material master is not maintained with Valuation Types which are appearing while you try to do MIGO with 415Q ? SAP standard does not support this. In my case it is working properly. Only those valuation types that I have maintained for the material are appearing while trying to do 415 Q. Need to go deeper into this.

Regards,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer. Now I understand that it might be some user exits do not work properly. I need to check further on the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rahul

thanks. would you be so kind to provide more detail information on this error message: which program, which form, which function module check the destination valuation type and pop up the error message? I can then try to check why this error message is bypassed. thanks.