cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement of Gas cylinders as RTP material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a business scenario where my client uses to procure gas cylinders with filled Oxygen gas. The filled gas cylinders are received into warehouse. After that those cylinders are issued to consumption. After the gas has been consumed empty cylinders are returned to warehouse. After that those empty cylinders are returned to vendor from warehouse. Delivery charge for returning those empty cylinder to the vendor is borne by my client. As per my knowledge I can track those cylinders as Returnable transport packaging material. And I can receive these cylinders into warehouse in MIGO through 501 M Movt type(GI receipt to RTP). But I am not able to find out how issue of these cylinders to consumption and return of empty cylinders to warehouse to be mapped in SAP.

Can anybody tell me how to map this business scenario in SAP and also how to book the delivery charges into SAP for returning empty cylinder to vendor.

I will reward point if useful

thanks

Amitava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend

Check BPP in the following link

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/Documentation/J60_BPP_EN_DE.doc

Else

The process flow is as below

1.Let your customer create a material for cylinders as material type RTP

(Returnable transport package)

2.Let him enter the intial stock issued to the vendor via Transaction code

MB1C (GR without purchase order)

3.He can have the track of the issued RTP in MMBE Transaction at plant level

4.The vendor must me maintained centrally with TC XK01

5.Inforecord for RTP should be maintained.

6.When he receives the filled cylinders let him create PO the RTP material

and when you click on the icon transport euipment in MIGO TC it will take

you to goods issue of 502 Movementtype for the cylinders which are to be

send back to the vendor.

ENJOY SAP

Regards

Edited by: Gopal SP on Mar 25, 2008 12:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This document contains information about returnable processing from SD point of view , i.e. RTP with customer. But I need information on returnable processing from MM point of view. i.e. RTP with vendor.

Edited by: Amitava Bhattacharyya on Mar 25, 2008 12:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

RTP material belongs to vendor. It doesn't come into company's own valuated stock and it is not planned also.Then why Info record is to be maintained and why to create PO. and when I click on the icon transport euipment in MIGO it is not taking me to goods issue of 502 Movementtype, it is taking me to 501 M. Actually I didn't understand the point 6. Can you elaborate please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you solve you issue? I have the same with u, if you had your solution for this, please share with me. I dont know how to config and use RTP process.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do GR ( not GI ) with Mvt type 502 M ( reverse of 501 M ) - Return to Vendor . Also for furher tracking you can activate Serial no profile for that RTP .

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you show me in SD view?

Because I must issue it for customer, then receive back or billing if customer dont return to me.

Hepl me in detail.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still waiting for answer. Any SAP expert ????