cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move persons from one company code to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to move all employees beloging to one Co Code to another as the old co Code ceases to exist after a particular date.

I have been able to delimit account assignment feature for each org unit, thereby changing the Co code/Pers Area assignment. But I am not able to delimit the cost center relationship for the org unit.

When I am trying to do so, it errors saying that already some Employees attached to cost center.

Please help, how should I proceed...

Thanks,

Melburnian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen/Pavani,

I delimited account assignment (IT1008) in PO10 for the org unit to new Co code and Pers Area, but I am not able to delimit and create new relationship for the new cost center.(with Org unit)

Without this I am not able to move the Employee through staff move pers action. I guess I need to change cost center relationship as well for the Org Unit.

When I am trying to create relationship with cost center it obviously errors out saying that already employees attached to old cost center.

Hope I am making myself clear..or is it that I am doing something wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

we are telling not to delimit doing double work direct you can send to new co code you will get screen for delimiting just check it and you are not doing what we are saying you are going in your method thats why you are facing problem you please what we have told to you. and you do the infotype 1018 also

bye

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melburian,

Why are you making so complicated? what all the infotypes you had maintained for that particular position delimit all and then move the position from one company to another company which was said by Mr.Naveen by right clicking on the position - press 2 times F5 and place the position into different company code and department.

Regards

Pavani

Reminader: Points to be given on answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you want to move position from one company code to another what you do is go to tcode ppom_old and select the position which you want to move and press f5 button two times (before that make sure note the object id number to which you want to transfer ) give the object id number which you have noted and click reassign icon or press enter it will move. this is the simplest method.

bye

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I want to delimit the position(or org unit) for the current company code as of a date and then create a new linkage of that position(or org unit) to new Co Code from the next date onwards.

Also the cost center is being maintained at org unit level

Can u help me in this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

did you try that what ever i have said then if you tried that there only it will ask you delimit superior/subordinate directly it will move to another co code you please try that. you go to p010 and there select you org unit id and do the infotype 1018. just now i have tried with that. it has come you need not to moving two times when ever you do it first it will deleimit there and it is assgined to co code. so,Please try it and let me know

bye

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melburnian,

As said by Mr. Naveen did you delimit complete Infotypes in OM which you had maintained.

Just check your Integration settings in table no T77S0 if you had activated switiches then automatically the position gets delimited and vaccancy will be maintained. I think you better run a personnel action that is Organizational Reassignment and maintain all the infotypes again. I think this will solve your purpose.

If still not getting reply back.

Regards

Pavani

Remainder: Points to be given on Answers