cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than One Chief Position

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you advise of the implications of having 2 or more (potentially as many as 4) Chief positions identified in the same Organisation Unit.

Is there a maximum no. etc.

How would this effect reporting in MSS?

Thanks

MN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Paul's reply in the thread -

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I have all ready read that thread, thanks.

However, I still need to know what the maximum no. of Chief Positions you can have against an Org Unit are?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you can make any no as chief in your Org unit ( i have tried 9..it's ok)would you give us the scenario ?

Rgds,

Jothi.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is in MSS, is that we have 32 staff reporting to 4 managers. The client does not wish to split up the Org Unit.

So when an employee raises a leave request in MSS, I believe the request will go to all 4 Managers and which ever Manager actions the request, it will disappear from the Inbox of the other 3 Managers. Is this correct?

Also, where do you "excluded iViews if you checked the "Excl. Managers" box"

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>>>So when an employee raises a leave request in MSS, I believe the request will >>go to all 4 Managers and which ever Manager actions the request, it will >>disappear from the Inbox of the other 3 Managers. Is this correct?</i>

Your assumption is correct.It will disappear from the rest 3.

1.Do you want to get it approved from all the chiefs in the Org unit ?

2.How about creating bluff positions ?

(one emp -> one chief )

Rgds,

Jothi.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your assumption is correct.It will disappear from the rest 3.

<i>1.Do you want to get it approved from all the chiefs in the Org unit ?</i> No just one

<i>2.How about creating bluff positions ?

(one emp -> one chief )</i> No not an option.

<b><i>They should both be excluded from iViews if you checked the "Excl. Managers" box.</i></b> Where is this setting?