cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Status Profile of a WBE via FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching for a FM or a BADI in order to set the Status profile of a WBE (with their user status) via interface.

I've found until now the STATUS_OBJECT_CREATE FM but I cannot do it works. I filled correctly:

OBJNR

OBTYP

STSMA

but the field doesn't change.

How can I solve that problem?

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN for setting the status profile

Following in sequence to set the user status.

BAPI_PS_INITIALIZATION

BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS

BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sbhandepatil
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to do it in program, & ensure commit at end of code,

https://dev-workbench.com/en/blog/how-to-change-the-user-status-profile-of-an-object

How to do it

The key to change a user status profile lies in the usage of a specific function module from the function group BSVA, STATUS_PROFILE_CHANGE. It allows you to change the user status profile of an object programmatically.

As parameters, this function module will take an object number and a status profile. Any SAP ERP business objects that use status management have an object number. It is assembled from a two-letter abbreviation that indicates the object type (e.g. “OR” for orders) and the internal key from the object table. It can usually be found in the master data tables themselves, for orders e.g. it’s in the field AUFK-OBJNR.

In addition to filling these fields, the function module also takes another parameter, NO_CHECK. This must be set to “X”, otherwise this method will not work. Once you filled these input parameters, execute the function module. It needs a COMMIT WORK afterwards to save the changes, so you need a little program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the BAPI for changing a WBS element.  There is FM BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to change the status profile which is already assigned to a WBS Element? If so you cannot change status profile once a user status has been set.

0 Kudos

Hi Giovanni,

According to my understanding, the BAPI BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS is helpful to set a status for WBS element, but it's not useful for assigning status profile.  The question is not very clear now. Do you mean you want to create a WBS element and assign a status profile which contains user status to WBS element.

Best Regards,

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Kim.

And the BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS is not useful at all about what I need.

Thanks

Regards

Giovanni

maria_miessen
Participant
0 Kudos

Try the BAPI BAPI_BUS2054_SET_STATUS.