cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM Valuation Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is to valuate each plant stock within the same company code separately:

Plant 1000 -- GL Acc Stock1000

Plant 2000 -- GL Acc Stock2000

Plant 3000 -- GL Acc Stock3000

this valuation is regardless the material type trading , Raw ,etc. please can you advice how to map this requirement in most proper approach with respect Account category reference, valuation class, Material type/ Account category reference, My initial idea is to create three valuation class 1000,2000,3000 and assign ARef material types to these classes, Is this the approach or is there other ideas?

APPRECIATED

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The stock postings (BSX) is based on valuation class and Valuation grouping code. so, either you can have new valuation class defined or have altogether a new valuation grouping codes for the 3 plants. Then later you can assign the individual G/L accounts in OBYC.

In case of material movement between the plants there might be a conflict in account determination based on valuation class ( If a same material exists in the receiving plant with a different valuation class)

Need more clarifications on the Business process to help further.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve your requirement by separately assigning each Valuation grouping code for each of your valuation classes which are created separately for different plants even for the same kind of materials.And the valuation level should be maintained at company code level not at plant level in your customization SPRO.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody, answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jürgen,

Totally agree with you, the best way to implement is to define valuation at plant level, in order to make them convinced please can you provide me with T-code in which shows stock values from financial perspective based on plant valuation, appreciated

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MB5L

former_member223262
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also you can check it in program RM07MMFI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply, the scenario is that i have 5 plants belongs to one company code, in company code chart of accounts there are 5 stock account, so they valuate there stock regardless the material type, the plan is to define 5 valuation classes, then assign material accounting view in MD to which it belongs, also in OBYC BSX will define each valuation class to its corresponding GL account in COA, is this the most appropriate way, and does this affect the movement between the plants, please can you elaborate.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to be honest, I have not seen such approach since I am working with SAP (almost 15 years).

This would make the customizing for account determination very very complex.

While I had to do nothing for account dtermination when a new plant is added to the same company, you would have to do customizing.

5 plants is probably doable but I have more than 500 in my system...

the valuation is anyway at plant level (if you have not chosen company level - which I have not seen either in 15 years) and you can see the stock value in MM reports, why do you need to seperate GL accounts by plants?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from help.sap.com:

in Customizing for Enterprise Structure (in Define Valuation Level) you define whether the accounting data for a material is managed at company code level or plant level. When you create accounting data of material master, you must therefore enter either a company code or a plant.