cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM question related with Materail...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

I had one plant in Bangalore and one plant in Pune.

At Bangalore plant I am manufacturing a Finished Product, which is a Semi Finished Product for my Pune plant. My question is How to show this Finished Product at Pune plant and as what?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to replies,

Whether HALB material received @ pune plant undergoes further manufacturing activity ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot have one material number with several material types.

the material type is even above the material number level, as you assign material number ranges to a group of material types.

You either have to create 2 materials, or one plant has to live with the "wrong" material type name.

As the material is just one physical material, it is best practise to have just one material number, hence you should agree to a a certain material type, which is usually the FERT material type is it has the most material master views.

A semi finished material usually does not have sales views, which are required if you want ship material from one plant to another using the SD route.

My question is How to show this Finished Product at Pune plant and as what?

Where do you want to show it and what do you actually want to show?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If two plants are independent of each other and in different company codes.

The finished product in Bangalore Plant will be Raw material/Semi-finished material in Pune plant.Material movement will done as normal between vendor and company.

Create a material as HALB in Pune plant.

In the purchasing view enter the manufacturer part number as material number of the Plant Bangalore for reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Bangalore semi Finished product , You can show as Rawmaterial in Pune plant as these is an ingredient to manufacture the end product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i would be suggest to extend the finished material to Pune Plant and you can view the material in Pune plant.

for more information:

1. Raw Material: (a) It is the Basic Input material which you use for Production of your desired Product. Generally raw material is procured from outside sources or purchased from vendors. So for Raw Material Purchasing View needs to be there.

(b) Some industries Sell the Raw Materials also. So in order to sell the Raw Material, you have to extend Sales Views for that Material.

2. Semi-fin: (a) Semi-fin product is a product which is produced either from RAW MATERIAL or any other Semi-finished Product. So generally, a semi-fin product gets produced in industry itself. So no Purchasing View or Sales View needs to be maintained. But for Production of a Product, you need to Maintain MRP Views and Work Scheduling Views (Must Condition).

3. Finished Prod: A product which is ready to be sold to Customers. So in order to sell it, Sales Views needs to be Maintained. If you are purchasing your Fin-mat from outside then you need to extend the Purchasing View.

Regards,

PK.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Why do not you extend the material directly in Pune as Finished only copying Finished Material code from Bangalore as same Material Code in Pune plant,

Second option is bring the material in Pune as semifinished only and transfer it to Finished Material (create New code) through MB1B,Mvt type 309 Material to Material transfer.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For above, you need to use two valuation grouping code ieu2026u2026one for Pune plant and another one for Bangalore plant which are need to be assigned in OMWD t.code. Material types need to be used and Carefully G/L account need to be mapped and need to be assigned all G/L account with respect to valuation groping code, valuation class, transaction key with chart of account.

At the end easily can the report with respect to plant.

Regards,

Biju K