cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-FI Account Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum members:

I have an account determination for Posting Inventory differencies (mi07 and movement type 702) that from all indications is all of a sudden going to a different GL Account.

It is apparent that something has been changed in the configuration and as yet I am unable to determine what.

Here is what I know:

(a) Valuation grouping is activated (Plant Level) and from what I can tell, nothing has been changed here.

(b) The valuation Class of the material is determined from the material type and Account Category classifications

(c) The movement type, 702, is same as has always been.

(d) Split valuation is not activated for this material.

(e) I have checked for changes in the materials and nothing has been changed e.g. material type

This is a Production Client and it seems really strange that something could have been altered but I cant determine what. This problem has arisen because the system is now saying the materia is posting to an account requiring a CO object. Now I know I can go and configure the account to have a default CO object. But that will not determine the problem's root.

Forum members please help, is there something else I can check. I have researched for days now and found nothing.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check is there any changes made to the G/L Account..

FS04 trxn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Sorry I didnt make myself clear.

The account being posted to is what has now changed and I am now trying to track what change was made.

i.e. The account assignment was 2000045XXX and now it is

2000046XXX

is there anyway I can track changes to this table.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies, I meant Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In Physical Inventory-----> if you find the Physical Count is lesser that the Book Stock....then during MI07...automatically 702- movement type will be triggered....and the Inventory Difference will be posted in Inventory Diff. Account...The Transaction Event key for that is GBB and Account Modifier in INV....

So in OBYC -

> For the TEK, GBB--> for your Chart of Accounts - Valuation Grouping Code -- Account modifier INV-Valuation Class combination assign Proper GL Account...If you have assigned Proper GL Account...then you can view that in OMWB ---> GL Accounts ---> there for your Valuation Area...you can view for the Transaction Event Key-Account Modifier Combination which GL account has been assigned..

Reward if useful

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran.

I have checked all these and I can see that the account determination has been changed. I simulated an account for the same conditions i.e. Account Grouping code, Modifier INV and MVT 702 and I can see that the account it is going to is different from the one in December.

Is there anyway I can track changes to the table concerned?

Thanks in Anticipation

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have checked all steps like OMWM,OMWN,OMSK,OMWD & OMWB(OBYC). Now just check in T.Code:OKB9 & G/L account assignment with cost center.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean to say that Same thing during December posted in diff. GL account and Posting in Diff. GL Account...

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran:

Thanks. Yes, I checked the account posted to in december for the same materials, with the same Account grouping and MVT (702).

Basically for the same transaction (mi07) with the same material, the account being posted to now is different from the one in December. How can I track what changes might have been made by someone else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have told that you have done for same material and Same Transaction,ie) MI07.....Pl. tell me whether that time the M.Type: 701 had been triggered or not...

Also confirm both are done for same Valuation Area...

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

Yes, the same Valuation area is being used. Also the movement type for both cases was 702 (not 701)

Thanks for your anticipated response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it a Split Valuated Material or not...

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

It's not a split valuated material.

One thing I'd like to add is that it is happening not just for one material but for a range of materials.

I would seem the Valuation area might have been changed but I can find nothing to confirm that suspicion

Thanks for your help so far

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked whether you have changed your Valuation Grouping Code or Chart of Accounts...

Also let me know whether you have done Physical Inventory for the Same material Belongs to Special Stock..

Regards

S.Baskaran

Edited by: baskaran srinivasan on Mar 17, 2008 3:30 PM

Edited by: baskaran srinivasan on Mar 17, 2008 3:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran, the valuation grouping code has not changed.

On your second point: "Physical Inventory for the Same material Belongs to Special Stock.."

How do you do that?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My assumption is May be when you post the diff last time...you have done for Unrestricted material for which you have defined Separate GL Acc for for GBB-INV Combination....

But this time you have assigned diff Account modifier for 702 E or 702 P or 702 Q movement type in OMWN and for this GBB-New account Modifier combination...Pl. Check whether you have assigned diff GL Account..

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskaran. I am yet to find a resolution to this problem but I'll keep looking.

I just wondered if there's something simple that I might be missing out.

Anyway, for the time being I have just had put the Account back to the old value. I just know I am going to keep wondering until I understand how this problem arose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can anybody offer any pointers? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

if sytem is asking for co object then it means that system is posting in the g/l account wich is a cost element and as a result it is must for you to provide cost object for that g/l account

as far as i remember system post the inventory offseting diffrence to transaction key GBB and some modifier key

cause of the problem

some has made that g/l account as cost element