cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing document numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Back in August, our Accounts Payable department using transaction FB60 posted a vendor invoice. A document number was provided and it was handwritten on the invoice as proof.

however, there is no record of that doc number in SAP. It's not searchable in FB03, nor could I find it in any table (BSEG, BKPF, BSIK, etc).

Where did this doc # go and how can I find it?

Thanks

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in T Code SNRO ( Menu options).

Thanks & Reagrds

Prasada

Former Member
0 Kudos

What am I supposed to enter in SNRO? We have over 500 objects as options. I tried one and it seems to just take me to the number range interval.

Will that get me to where the missing doc numbers are being stored and what the original transaction was?

thanks

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

object RKE_BELEG (for CO = RK_BELEG)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the document is not present in BKPF, BSEG, BSI, BSA , then it is very likely that the document has not become a part of the October documents.Even if the document were to be parked, you would find an entry in BKPF.

An update termination is a likely explanation.

Also, as you have pointed out that RFBNUM00N(which is used to document number range gaps) shows the document number, this means that there is a gap in the number range for that particular document number.

Can you check how soon are update terminations removed from the system? Maybe the terminated updates are not available any longer.This can be found by going to the transaction rz11 and enter Parameter : rdisp/vbdelete.

Also, please try using RFVBER00(in place of SM13) and check if you can spot the document there.

If you do not see the document in any of these places, then it is highly likely that the document did not get created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of this information. I'm cannot find the missing document number anywhere, so based on your feedback it's possible that the document wasn't created.

However, I know for a fact it was created. On 8/7/09 the document was posted and a number generated. However, no table entry was made--so as you say, maybe the creation terminated.

Then, on 11/2/09, the document suddenly appeared and posted in August.

Our testing environment was last copied over on 9/5/09. So, the document created on 8/7/09 isn't there. Since it magically appeared on 11/2 though I figure somewhere in our test environment I should be able to find where this doc # is hiding. All of the previously mentioned transactions and/or programs have been attempted in our test system and yet I still cannot locate this doc #.

It seems like one big mystery for sure!

josh

0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Do you mean it appeared on 11/02 in all the FI tables - ie BKPF, BSEG etc..?

If so, can you check the values in BKPF-CPUDT and BKPF-CPUTM?

If the document appeared after a few days, then it must have been an update termination that was reprocessed in SM13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrikant,

We have checked BKPF-CPUDT and BKPF-CPTUM and the values are 8/6/09 and 9:57:17 according to production.

If I check in our test system (production copy from 9/5/09) the doc number still doesn't exist and I've checked all programs recommended in this thread.

Thanks

Josh

0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Thanks Josh. The values BKPF-CPUDT and BKPF-CPUTM does indicate that the document was actually posted in the month of August. But somehow it was not in the database until November. Update terminations could still be a likely explanation for this.

Even when the update terminations are reprocessed, these fields would not change as they are prepared while the document was being created, and are stored in the update terminations as it is.

If the copy was a system copy in September, can you check whether update terminations were copied as well and whether they are still available(as they get deleted according the parameter I specified before). You can use RFVBER00 for that.

If you really want to know when the document was actually created, you could look up the time stamp field in RFBLG(post it here) or if you are using newGL, timestamp from FAGLFLEXA. However, the catch here is that the document should not have been modified/changed/cleared etc afterwards.

diogo_peretti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Josh,

This ban be de to an Update termination when posting the documetns.

This is the most likely cause of number range skipping.

Please review trxn SM13 for update terminates during the run

To make documentation more secure you could run RFBNUM00 once a month.

If you find any missing document-numbers, you could check them via SM13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diogo,

thanks that program was useful. I did run it and it returned the doc number in question.

However, when I run SM13, the transaction doesn't appear.

Is there anywhere else I can see what may have happened to this missing doc numberand how it suddenly appeared and posted two months later (the document was not parked-I had that fact confirmed)

Thanks

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can chekc in OBU1 the document type assigne for transaction FB60

and check the number range

or might the document have been park

or check in FB03 by give the user id or date of entry

ROBIN S PRASAD