cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Automatic Creation of Physical Samples - QM

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create samples in QA02 (after Goods Receipt has occured and Task List has been assigned to the lot) but the following error pops up: No samples assigned Error QY025.

I have configured the following Master Data: Material with inspection 01 and 15 active, Sampling Drawing Procedure in Task List head, sampling procedure linked to the Characteristics of the task list, Sample Type for Type Inspection 01.

In fact, in the inspection lot (created automatically with Goods Receipt) the system automatically fills in the fields as Drawing Procedure and Confirmation Required flag.

Then,I have also set in customizing mandatory number of containers when Good receipt is performed but I can't automatically create physical samples yet. (Error QY025: No samples assigned)

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Lorenzo

vinaywarad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

Even I was facing this issue "Message No. QY025", but I found out what the setting was that I was missing. Below are the details,

1. In Sampling procedure make sure that you maintain sample management radio button and valuation mode as "Manual valuation", 

vinaywarad_0-1708747004128.png

then in the next step you will see as shown below in sapling procedure

vinaywarad_1-1708747147244.png

2. Once the purchase order is created & GR is done against the PO due to inspection type 01 activated in material master QM view, new inspection lot will be generated automatically and all details as shown below

vinaywarad_3-1708747313360.png

Samples are calculated without any error

vinaywarad_4-1708747366755.png

Thanks,

Vinay Warad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mlocher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Lorenzo

The system will only create automatically a physical sample at inspection lot creation if it knows that something need to be inspected. Apart from sample-drawing prodcedure and sampling procedure you need to have at least one inspection characteristics flagged as mandatory for inspection. (control settings of the characteristics)

Regards

ML

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for the reply in the meantime. Following your suggestions, I have set Required Characteristic in Control Indicators, but it's not working. Instead, this brings to not automatically see filled two fields highlighted in the image below.

If i click on Sample, the following error pops-up

instead, clicking on Samples, it pops-up this other error comes out: No samples are assigned: Message no.QY025

Any other suggestions?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mlocher
Explorer
0 Kudos

This scenario might be more tricky and I would doubt how reasonable this might be. The link from inspection lot to HU you will only have on deliveries as the inspection lot is created and assigned to the HU when packing it. To go this way you would need to assign this HU to a delivery during a posting into Q-Stock when creating a 08 inspection lot (maybe with a dedicated movement and assigned to automated delivery creation in your warehouse). Not sure if ehre are better ways in EWM which could help (we are not there yet)

It might make more sense to treat here quantity only and use a manual 89 inspection without HU assignement and stock posting. You can place the HU in question in a Q-area in the warehouse to manage the separation. There will though be no link between HU and inspeciton lot in SAP.

0 Kudos

I try to briefly summarize customer's request: recording results/defects on specific HU that it is needed to be inspected.

To get this, we thought that Sample Management could be a suitable option, since classic flow Goods Receipt - Automatic Inspection Lot creation with Inspection type 01 don't allows to record results/defects on specific HU but only take UD for HU in EWM:Inspection button.

So the question is: is there a way to record defects/results on HU?

Thank you very much,

Lorenzo

mlocher
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think this is a misunderstanding. The system will automatically create the first physical sample when doing the goods receipt posting if your sampling settings are setup accordingly. When clicking on the "sample" button in the inspection lot this will display the list of all already existing samples. This button is not creating new samples.

Normally physical sample are either created by the system during goods receipt (the fist ones), upon results recording in QE51n or manually in QPR1.

0 Kudos

Now it's working, thank you. I have only another question: is It possible to have the link between a physical sample and an HU? The customer would like to be able to generate manually samples/lots only on specific HU, carrying out inspections when needed on the HU and not on all Goods Receipt.

Thank you,

Lorenzo

mlocher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Looks to me like an issue with your sample-drawing procedure in QPV2 where you need to provide the item details for the drawing in question. If you don't need a complex sample quantity calculation you can set this to fix 1 primary sample.

Depending if you work with the number of containiners for your sample calculation (number of sample depending on number of pallets arriving for example) you have to set the corresponding indicator.

0 Kudos

I tried to leave blank "Consider no. of containers" and "Confirmation Requested" flags, then I also tried to change Sampling drawing procedure settings, but when I click on Samples to create samples, it always comes out the same error No samples are assigned QY025.

Could the problem consist in missing EWM in the Goods Receipt? I mean, I'm doing GR to logical warehouse without involving EWM step. Or do you think to another step/settings? Thank you very much.

Lorenzo