Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO - Balance not equal to zero message, with Material Ledger active

former_member308518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a standard purchase order - ME21N - for a material with the total value of 3000 MXN (500 pieces x 6 MXN/piece - price taken from purchase info record).

Then I posted a goods receipt of the whole amount of 500 pieces - MIGO.

Next I tried to post an invoice in t-code MIRO in reference to the purchase order, however with the invoice amount of 4000 MXN, i.e. higher compared to PO amount by 1000 MXN. I enterred the amount of 4000 MXN in the header and then I corrected the item amount from 3000 MXN to 4000 MXN which gave me the balance of 0 MXN and green light.

Unfortunately this invoice cannot be posted. I get the following green message:

"Balance is not equal to zero: 1.000,00 MXN

Message no. M8186

Diagnosis

You cannot post the document as the balance is 1.000,00 MXN.

Procedure:

Check the gross invoice amount, the tax amount, the amounts in the items selected and any unplanned delivery costs in the document header. The items selected on the item list may not be the same as those in the invoice."

This message doesn't make any sense for me because the balance is equal to zero, as the green light in the upper right corner and the figure 0 MXN show.

Could you please give me some advices, where the problem is? I would like to add that the material ledger is active.

I will be very grateful for your help / advices.

Regards,

Robert

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you enter invoice amount 4000 MXN at header need to be corrected same in line item also as well  the same amount need to be entered in right side top corner i.e. Balance.

Hope this information will help to u.

Regards

Rao

former_member308518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

thank you for your reply, but the amount at header equals the amount in the line item after correction (there is only one line item). The amount in the right side top corner is the balance amount which is =0 (4000-4000=0) and this is correct.

But in spite of the zero balance the invoice can not be posted with the message as above.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The above error generally triggers if balance is not zero in balance field also check  debit and credit balances are equal or not?

Please consider that the error message M8186, is contained into a lot of SAP Notes:

Therefore  I will suggest you check the above notes may be useful .

I hope this can help You.

Regards

Ra