Did you mean: 

MIRO back date posting error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the time of miro posting we are getting error

Allowed posting periods: 06 2011 / 05 2011 / 12 2010

Message no. M8022

Please help me to resolve this issue because due to this error back date posting is stopped.

Regards,

juhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the current period thro' T.Code: MMRV system and it shows the Current & Previous period.

After Checking, change the required period thro' T.Code: MMPV.

Regards,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

I check all the period in mmrv

Current period 006 2011

Previous period 005 2011

Last period in prev.year 012 2010

What we do please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

juhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is default functionality of sap that MM period is open for current and previous period.

What is the posting period you are trying to enter.

If it is latter than 5th period you cannot post it.

Try putting posting date in 5th or 6th period and give document date as your original date and post it.

Opening MM period is highly not recommended by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lolu,

Thanks

It is back date posting and client want to do that for impact in accounting year 2010.

Regards,

juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do that only in FI; it's no possible to post an invoice in previuos year through MM.

Paolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

how can we do that only in FI please suggest me because in OB52 we open the period than after also error massage coming what we do please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the Period in FI. Book the Invocie Through FB60. Concider GR/IR Account.

After Posting Clear GR/IR manually.

Manoj J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, use transaction FB60.

Please note that it won't update history of purchase order, but it will post just on vendor account and GR/IR account.

Paolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Client want to post throw by process MIRO and now we are facing same error at the time of MIRO Reversal what we do please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's not technically possible, posting affecting stocks are allowed only in current and previuos period.

what about posting with document date in the past and posting date as of today? this way there will be the reference that the document is an old document, but it will be posted as of today.

Anyway I don't think you are going to consider this invoice in the previous year closing, do you?

Paolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

We are going to create Final Account from SAP system for 2010 fiscal year that's why we have same back date posting that's why we post the MIRO in back date and if any miro have wrong posting for that period we reversal and again post the MIro for that period now all think we doing for only to we get the wright Account balance from SAP system.

Because in 4.7 client do the same process but after upgrade the system in 6.0 ECC we are facing the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Juhi

Edited by: juhis022 on Sep 24, 2011 8:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There no possibility of entering the data in previous year after the MM period is closed.

Only option for you is entering the invoice through FI.

Or you have to open the Periods which I will never recommend also there are chances that stocks will be affected.

Please try to convince your client that this is the only option they have to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We discussed with client but as per client they told me they are already posted the back date posting for miro but now they were not able to post the back date miro posting.

Thanks & Regards,

juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the client says they have done back dated posting that means they must have done posting in Previous period.

Which by default they can do it.

IF you check that document entry date and posting date you will come to know.

This standard lock in SAP there is no way to by pass this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lolu,

We check in system by Entry date and posting date wise MIRO and MR8M Posting in system we find the back date posting that's why we try to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Juhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry i have no other suggestion.

And how client made back dated posting is a Mystery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lolu,

Thanks,

Client shown me document those posted in back date posting period.

I have same clarification about MR8M as per client tell me at the time of reversal the use the Document number from system and it is any year. For exp. now we are in 2011 and we can able to reveres the MIRO document those posted in 2008.

In the screen we select Document Number, year, and reason is 02 Closed period and save the posting system post the posting.

But Now we are facing error massage Allowed posting period 005 2011/006 2011 posting date is 25.07.2008

why we don't no.

Please help me

Regards,

Juhi

Edited by: juhis022 on Oct 1, 2011 9:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

FB60 when use the FB60 for FI posting agians MIRO.

How to clear GRN posting.

Please suggest me what entry we have to post in system for that back date posting useing GRN clearing also.

Thanks & Regards,

Juhi

Edited by: juhis022 on Oct 10, 2011 7:40 AM

Edited by: juhis022 on Oct 11, 2011 7:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed without solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are a FI User / Consultant, check with MM authorized user / Consultant about to change the Current Period 06 2011 to the required period thro' MMPV.

example: If you want to open the period Sept 2011 - 09

Don't try in Productions system. Check this in your Development system along with MM authorized user / Consultnat. Then the required period works in Development system, you can follow-up the same procedure in Production System.

Hope that you can understand now.

Regards,

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GB,

I have alrady done that thinks in Dev. System but error not resolve.

As per SAP solution they want changes in table T009b but client refused that change because before they use that funnel why they change the setting.

As per SAP suggestion they suggest the changes in two table T009b or MARV .

Thanks & Regards,

juhi

Edited by: juhis022 on Sep 22, 2011 8:10 AM