cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Order Qty on Info Record for MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I have maintained an info record for a material with a minimum order qty. When MRP runs and generates the planned order/purchase requisition, it is not taking into account the min order qty on the PIR. Is there some additional set up that I need to do? I have a source list set up with a 1 under MRP relevant. Thanks!

Jane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The value u have entered in PIR will not be taken into account.If u want the value to be fixed u have to

maintain the rounding profile in MRP1 of material master and min & max lot size.This is a real time

problem which i faced during implementation.

regards

murugan

Edited by: Murugan mgl on Jun 3, 2009 11:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please precise whether PIR is Planned Independant Requirement ?

If yes :

Requirements are not rounded up to the MOQ in the Info record.

Only Planned order/PR and PO are rounded up to the MOQ in info record.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIR = purchasing info record.

When MRP runs, I want it to take into consideration the minimum order quantity on the purchasing info record. The planned order/requisition that is generated via MRP should make sure that the order qty meets the MOQ on the info record. Currently it is not doing this.

The only thing that happens is a warning message when manually converting the PR to a PO.

I know that there is config that tells MRP to look at the planned delivery time on the info record. Is there something similar that I need to set up for MOQ or should this work without config?

Thanks!

Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Info recors Min qty will take effact on the PO not PR level. If oyu want at PR level min qty than use min lot size (or rounding profile) in the matieral master MRP 1 view.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also tested and SAP didn't consider minimum order quantity that is maintained in info record (EINE-MINBM), but w/o success... minimum lot size (MARC-BSTMI) maintained in material master is considered.

I assume Charlie is right and minimum order quantity is valid in case of purchase orders:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/67/c50d38c5a5c82ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

You can use this function to round off order quantities in POs and contract release orders.

If you enter a minimum order quantity in the purchasing info record, the PO quantity will be rounded up to the desired minimum quantity after evaluation of the rounding profile where appropriate.

(based on this I think order optimizing is valid for POs)

So, whether you use the mentioned minimum lot size and rounding profile fields in material master (suggested by Charlie) or you can maintain rounding profile in the purchasing info record and thus you can have vendor specific minimum lot size.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 2, 2009 9:48 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 2, 2009 9:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane:

I think that you need go to the MRP2 view into the Material Master for you Material, and in te field Safety Stock & Min safety stock and as well as in the MRP1 view, check your MRP type try with V1 and please fix the lot size then in the related field.

I hope thi info is useful for U.

Regards

Omar Perea