cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message type " " is unknown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters

When i try to cancel the subcontracting challan in T code J1IF13, it throws a run time error "Message type " " is unknown" .We discussed with the ABAPer regarding this error.He told that we have to maintain the message type in configuration. Where to maintain the message type for subcontracting challan?

Regards

Mohanraj.C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be my answer give you a small information.while transaction running, system executes all Main function modules of thta transaction program and when the control comes to a certain piece of code, there would be a code saying that If something is not maintained, thorow the error message ME XXX or someting like that, If it is the case system will fetch that number and takes the description from (message class and message description ( T code SE 91) and here this perticular message number and message description would have deleted making that perticular table with no info about this.

Please ask your ABAP to debug it so that he will finds where the error is and in which function module etc, so that based upon the code you can decide about what can be done

i am not sure but please check.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go into you IMG, then click the binocluars button (CTRL + F7) enter message type and let SAP search for all knots with that entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I have checked in IMG screen using MESSAGE TYPES.But i am not able to find the appropriate one for subcintracting challan

-mohan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use

The subcontracting attributes help determine conditions for a combination of an excise group, a transaction type, and a subtransaction type.

The conditions such as the number of excise items per subcontracting challan, if the nonexciseable materials have to be filtered or not when the subcontracting challan is created, the movement type groups for issues and receipts and the hierarchy of determining the excise base value are mentioned here.

Requirements

Before you continue with this activity, work through the following activities:

Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory -> Goods Issue / Transfer Postings -> Define Screen Layout.

For the movement type 541, maintain the field Purchase Order as an optional entry or as a required entry.

Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory -> Output Determination -> Maintain Output Types.

Maintain the output type. On the Default Values tab, maintain the dispatch time and the transmission medium. Maintain the print parameter on the Print tab. This output type has to be maintained in this activity here.

Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory -> Output Determination -> Assign Forms and Programs.

Maintain the Program, FORM routine, and the form for the output type.

Materials Management -> Inventory Management and Physical Inventory -> Output Determination -> Printer Determination -> Printer Determination by Plant / Storage Location.

Enter the output device that you use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for all your replies

My question is we dont know which message no we have to maintain in message types in CIN

-mohan

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

give detail of error and message no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your reply

No message number found for that Run time error

-Mohan