cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measument point - Counter - Backwards - Over flow limit value ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I 'm trying to use measurement point, the requirement is i need to start from 20000 hours and go on decreasing the life of the part and when i reach 1000 hours i need the system to tell me so. i'm not able to update the upper and lower limits in reverse, neither i'm knowing what to put for over flow counter reading. Please help.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am looking for information relating to setting up backward counters to schedule Maintenance Plans. When I try to create a Maintenance Plan linked to a Backward Counter, I receive the error "Only counters that run forwards can be entered - Error IP124" . What am I doing wrong? How can I use backwards counters with maintenance plans?

We have several clocks that count down the hours til the next major or minor pm is due. The technician manually records the time from these clocks. Worst case is that we can subtract the counter time from a constant if we have to, but I'd like to have the technician enter in the clock time directly with out any manipulation needed.

Thanks in advance,

-

Please open a thread for your specific issue -Paul (moderator)

Edited by: Paul Meehan on Oct 24, 2011 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please be aware that for counters, the Upper and lower limit does not apply to counter reading that is read but to the total counter reading determined by the system. Hence please have appropriate negative values /Positive values for the Upper /lower limits. Also, The Numeric characteristic associated to the counter should allow negative values, for you to enter negative values on the Upper /Lower limits.

For the measurement point category, You should be able to set warning / Error message to be generated when the reading falls outside this range.

Regards

Narasimhan

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered having a counter that counts up to 20000? You could start at 1000 and then increment up to 20000. Once you hit the upper limit you will know it is time to act. Increasing the count 19000 or decreasing it, would that be a problem since the interval is the same?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

Thats a valuble answer , i can go by doing a reference measurement point too, however what i'm trying to acheive from my question is to understand the full functionality or the miss SAP for the backward going counter.

Regards,

Vivek