Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME5A shows as Open PR

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of our User has created one PR and against this PR, a contract has been created.However me5a report shows that my user's  PR as open.Is it system standard behaviour? How can I close this PR?

Can some body throw light for this issue,pls?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "closed" indicator in PR will be flagged automatically, only if you create automatic PO against the PR in ME59N with Set PReqs to "Closed" with value as 1 or 2. In all other cases, the indicator has to be set manually. This is standard design.

Regards,

AKPT

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually my question went for other of way understanding.My question is that I have a PR and once I create Contract against this PR,then this PR should be closed as default.So when I me5a with option with Open PR only,then my PR should not come in my result.

With Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaheer,

The PR will be shown in ME5A unless and until it gets converted to PO.

Kindly check.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the KBA which I have given you in my previous comment ?

System will not set the indicator "Closed" when you will create a contract against the requisition. Hence, you can be able to see the requisition if you will consider the field "Closed" in ME5A. You need to set the "closed" tick manually in the requisition from ME52N.

Else, please explain how you are comparing a requisition as close or open in ME5A.

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dib,

Once contract is created against my PR,then this PR should be as closed by system default and when I run me5a with option closed PR,then my PR should be appear in my output result of me5a.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing to say new for your reply. Please read my previous reply and the KBA.

When you execute the report ME5A with (only) the tick option "Closed Requisitions", then system will search only for these requisitions which has the value "X" for the field EBAN - EBAKZ.

**Edited by: Dibyendu Patra

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have gone through the KBA provided by Dibyendu already. There is no provision of auto closing of PR line item when referred in contract.

You will have to close the PR item Manually in this case..

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you considering the field EBAKZ as open or closed in the report ME5A ?

Is yes, then you need to set it manually as per this KBA 2055842 - The 'closed' indicator on PR can not be set automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaheer,

close all open PR --> Use Transaction code: MEMASSRQ or Mass Transaction.

Please find the below thread.

Regards

Sanjeet