cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME57 and ME59N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anyone provide the prerequisites/differences/pros/cons between ME57 and ME59N?

Is there any user guide for this?/

Thanks in advance.

Regards

R.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are 2 different transaction and you don't need to do ME57 before you execute ME59.

ME57 is for assign and process a PO. From here you can assign a vendor to the PReq and create the PO by hand. Also already assigned PReq can be processed here by hand.

ME59 is used to create PO's from PReq automatically and in batch. You can only use ME59 for materials and service PReq's.

If you want you have to maintain all involved materials and set the marker "auto PO"in de purchasing view of each material.

Also in the purchase view of the vendor you have to switch on "auto PO creation".

These 2 settings are mandatory, otherwise it will not work.

It is also a "dangerous" transaction. When you make the wrong selection criteria, you can also create to many PO, which you don't want.

Always test you selection with the "test run" turned on. Then you see how many PO's are created.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's solved.. thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the material master have you selected the check box of source list and Automatic PO..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to create PO automatically using ME59N.

I want to manually assign and process through ME57. I dont think auto PO in material master is the pre requisite for this. Kindly confirm..

Regards

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ME59N is used to generate automatic PO from PR

ME57 : Assign and Process Requisitions

Please visit

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using ME57 to convert PR into PO. I have created info record and source list for that material. subsequently I created a PR and released it.

But when I use ME57, system is not displaying any source(Info record or source list). In the assignment tab, it shows w/0 source one item.

Fyi, My client has never used source list and inforecord before.

What are the possibilites?

Is there any setting in configuration to deactivate source determination?

Is there any step I am missing in above?

Regards

RS