Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD51 planned order for dependent requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm very new in MRP as well as project MRP, so I need some help from you gurus

My requirement is very simple, I need planned orders to be generated at every BOM level after running project MRP (MD51).

Which means planned order should be there for material that was assigned to WBS element as well as its assemblies.

Those planned order for dependent requirement should be assigned to WBS element same as its parent.

Please let me know the needed configuration to achieve that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You should make sure that the individual/collective indicator on the material master is set to 1, so that only individual requirements will be generated.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

This really made me crazy in the past 2 days, the solution turns out so simple.

Thank you so much Caetano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guy,

My customer don't want to change this.

The assemblies is plant stock material, not a project stock material.

Is there any other idea for this?

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is another option to maintain the individual/collective indicator in BOM component level, and it has more priority than the material master setting.

It is done through explosion type. If you maintain individual/collective indicator = '1' in an explosion type in OS17 configuration and use this explosion type for this component inside this specific BOM components view Basic data tab, then this component will be treated as an individual material for this BOM only. You can maintain individual/collective indicator = '2' in MRP4 view, does not matter.

However, if the material is plant stock or collective material, I wonder why you require WBS assigned planned order.

Best Regards,

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's impossible, huh

Anyway, I think I've got all the information I needed,

Thanks for your kind sharing.

Answers (0)