cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 to start with Supply/Receipts and Demands/Issues selected as default?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -- How can we set transaction MD04 to start with Supply/Receipts and Demands/Issues selected by default?

Thank you,

NN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NN,

?? MD04 normally starts with all supply, all receipts, all demand, and all issues displayed. Exactly what do you want to see?

Each user can affect the default display for himself by MD04 > Settings > Settings > Select Filter tab. Select the Display filter and the selection filter you wish to use. Select 'Access with filter'. Save. Thereafter, MD04 will default to 'display with filter', using the filters you have saved.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member311826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make it default you can make use of Filter give in selection screen of MD04.

1. You can use selection rules to define which MRP elements and which stocks are included in the quantity and stock calculation. You hereby define your own business views.

2. You can use display filters to define which MRP elements and MRP segments are displayed. This enables you to reduce the information displayed to a clear selection.

3.You define display filters and selection rules in Customizing for MRP in the IMG activity Define display filter and Display selection rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Here's what we're trying to do. We are on ECC 5.0

When we execute MD04 transaction, the initial default screen does not have columns "Supply/Receipts" and "Demand/Issues" included in the view/layout. We can bring them in by clicking on the buttons at the top. However, the client is requesting that these be included in the default view.

BTW, is it possible to post a screen shot in this forum so I can show you exactly what I'm talking about?

Thanks,

NN

Former Member
0 Kudos

NN,

These forums do not currently support document attachments or the like. Most people who wish to display a pic post them on a publicly available internet file storage solution (most of these sites do not charge a fee for smallish files), and then supply the link for display.

I am unable to duplicate the columns you have named, neither in the ECC6 system, nor in the 4.6C system I am looking at today. However, there is a userexit M61X0002 that supports displaying additional columns. I suspect that this has been invoked on your system.

I suggest that you review to see if this userexit is in use. If you don't know how to do this, you can consult any competent developer who can assist you. I believe the code in the userexit can be modified so as to default the display of extra columns.

This solution is generally considered to be a bad idea, since it locks you into a single method of display that is non-standard. Many companies will instead create a clone of MD04, and in this "Z" transaction display the elements that are requested by the users, leaving MD04 more or less standard.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/98/c800c84813d311ba490800060d888b/content.htm

Best Regards,

DB49