cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 Process Order Receipt Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have process orders that run over multiple days. In MD04 it shows the full receipt quantity of the process order on the end date.

Our production planners would like to see the Receipts in MD04 Daily Period Totals spread over the duration of the process order.

For example a process order for 300 pallets starting on 7th Dec and ending on the 9th Dec (assuming 24hrs per day for simplicity of example) is showing a receipt in MD04 for 300 pallets on the 9th Dec. We would like to see 100 on 7th, 100 on 8th and 100 on 9th.

Is this possible?

Many thanks

Stella

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please test assigning a distribution key on the goods receipt tab of the process order.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

thank you very much. I done a quick test and this appears to do exactly what I wanted.

In customising I created a distribution key for my plant.

IMG -> Production -> Material Requirements Planning -> Evaluation -> Quantity Distribution -> Define Distribution Keys

Plant 1001

Dist Key GLEI

Function S20

Type 01 (carry out distribution continuously through time)

Function S20 already existed in Maintain Distribution Function

S20 Equal Distrubtion

Duration 100% % Req 100%

I then created a Process Order for 225 pallets satring on the 18th Dec and ending on 21st Dec.

Before assigning the distribution key, the planned receipt was showing as 225 pallets on 21st Dec in MD04 Daily Summary.

I then assigned Distribution on the Goods Recpt tab of the Process Order as GLEI.

MD04 Daily Summary is now showing planned receipts of 56.250 on the 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st Dec.

Many thanks again for all your answers.

Stella

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stella,

One small query,once after doing a automatic GR at the time of confirmation for a partial quantity say 57(approx) are you able

to see the same production order still in MD04 List?

Kindly please check this and revert back.

If my understanding ic correct,then if someone selects the option for final confirmation wherein Auto GR is also activated then

this order maynot be visible in MD04.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Edited by: Mangalraj.S on Dec 7, 2011 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj.S

thanks for the post. I will be conducting an end-to-end of the whole process and will update the thread with the outcome once this is complete.

Regards

Stella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangalraj.S,

apologies, I may not be able to perform the exact test you have requested as our process does not use automatic GR at time of confirmation. Our goods receipts are done manually, either with a message from our external production system or using tx MB31.

I have done a quick test for partial quantity delivery using tx MB31 and can see the receipt quantity being reduced in MD04 as I would expect, with the remaining quantity referring to the correct process order.

Regards

Stella

Former Member
0 Kudos

THAT'S VERY CORRECTLY EXPLAINED.

REGARDS

CHANDRA

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u want to distribute planned order like this so give Lot Size Fx , Fixed Quantity 100 and TAKT Time 1 day.

i think it will help u?

Thanks and regards.

Nudrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi stella,

Though MD04(Stock/Requirements) depicts and replicates all the pre-planned and processed output regarding the status of the stock and requirements.

So if you desire to have a splitted details on different dates,the same you have to run in MRP and make the respective settings in MRP Plant Parameters.

So suggest you to make this desired setting in configuration and get the results.

Cheers

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

thank you for your reply. I am not sure I fully understand what you are suggesting.

Do you mean to set up the MRP parameters to propose 3 separate planned orders as procurement proposals, thereby giving a process order on each of the days?

Many thanks

Stella

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your plant only produce 100 per day,why do u create a process order with 300?I think you can use capacity leveling to schedule your process order ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your reply, we are a 24x7 plant and manufacturing is planned to run over midnight and over 24 hour periods.

thanks

Stella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stella,

If daily quantities are required for MD04, I would be inclined to create planned orders for each day. For this, you would use daily lot size. As long as your demand comes in daily buckets or smaller, then MRP would create your planned orders in daily buckets.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

thanks for your suggestion. Our demand does come in daily buckets, however because of the nature of our production process we need to maximise the size of our production jobs so can't be restricted to daily buckets.

We also have min lot sizes we produce to governed by the sub assemblies that go into the finished product.

The reason the planners wish to see the planned receipts in daily buckets is it drives the available quantity and the days stock cover which they use to monitor their plan. So MD04 may say they have a potenial stock issue when in reality they don't as product will produced and available earlier than shown.

many thanks

Stella

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stella,

In my understanding this is not possible in the standard SAP,however we will wait for other's suggestion on the same.

Regards

Mangalraj.S