cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC.9 report is showing -ve value when MRP controller selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm confuse about the -ve value in MC.9. If i run by using Plant as the selection parameter for month 02.2010, then sorted by valuatted stock value(ascending), it will not show me the -ve value for all materials. But if i run the report by using Plant and MRP controller as the selection parameters,then sorted by valuated stock value(ascending), it shows me the -ve value. why?

Please explain.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

na

adwait_bachuwar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem of the -ve sign int he report MC.9 or any other MC report is due to the infostructure update. this is somehting very common in case of standard cost runs are exists for the material and the price is not maintained in the material master.

please read the SAP note 64636 for LIS rebuilding procedure. i faced this problem before and after followign the procedure in this note the problem was resolved.

regards,

Adwait Bachuwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, if i put mrp controller as the key indicator, then system will check for all those things when writting the report. But why it is different when i did not put the MRP controller? Shouldn't it check for the same for all mrp controllers and display the same result?

If i did not put the mrp controller in the selection screen, it means that it should check for all mrp controller right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jurgen,

i still not clear. I try to run the report for material A and mrp controller 001. I got the -ve value. But when i run the material without mrp controller, it shows 0. no -ve value. i check in MM03,changes history for the material. MRP controller has been changed few times but the latest is 160. What am i confusing is, what is the relation between MRP controller with the report? What is the function of the report actually? Isn't it suppose to give the same data either i put the MRP controller or not when running the report?

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the marp controller is a key indicator in the mc.9 report. The data is captured in infostructures with any transaction. And while writing such record, SAP stored the MRP controller as well in the info structures, and this is the MRP controller that is in the material master at the time of the transaction. So if you change MRP controllers back and forth, then you cannot expect a good result when running MC.9 by MRP controller, as many movements are stored with a different MRP controller in the database.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the change history of your material in MM03 > environment > changes

to see if the MRP controller was changed.

if that was the case, then you may had receipts with old MRP controller, but startet with goods issues with the new MRP controller