cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mc.9 & mc.5 Report (material group change)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We changed the material Group of a material 100005 from "Electrical" to "Electronics".

But, when we try to run the report MC.9 or MC.5 by giving the input in material group as "Electronics" & material as 100005, the displayed report shows the material group as "Electrical" itself, where as it should show "Electronics".

Furthermore, if i make any material movement transactions like 561, 122, ETC.. then the report generated by MC.9 show the changed material group "Electronics".

We need to know the other way to sohw the intended report even when there is no material movement transaction.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SGSKM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221541
Contributor
0 Kudos

this is correct - any existing entries will not reflect changed material group. however, anything posted after change of material group will show you new mat grp only.

I think in both your cases above statement holds true.

Also, similar question posted today few mins back in this forum only, have a look

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2136821&tstart=0

yogesh

Edited by: Yogesh Lohiya on Feb 14, 2012 7:40 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No update will change existing one

Yogesh is correct

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Mc.9 & Mc.5 take first day of posting period opening MM for analysis purpose , so all updates according to that

Regards

ragini

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MC.9 & MC.5 are LIS report which is not in Sync with the current database, it updates at particular intervals, so there can be chances of differences between MC.9 & MC.5 & standard reports, these transaction pulls data from Info structures, S031 INVCO: Movements, S032 INVCO: Stocks, S033 INVCO: Movements (ind.records).

Check in Standard reports (MB52) which is in Sync with database.

When you are doing new transaction system do will take new values but old posting will be updated later on after updation of Info Structures.

You can search on SCN with topics related to updates of Info structures of LIS reports.

former_member221541
Contributor
0 Kudos

as mentioned above and in the link - YOU will not see material group change in exiting entries (i.e. document/inventory posted before mat grp change ) irrespectve of time issue with MC.9 report

yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Mc.9 & Mc.5 Is analysis T code It require particular time period to update so use remaining t code such as mb5b , Mb52

Regards

ragini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ragini,

As you have mentioned regarding the time period updation.

Could you please elaborate on this so that i can know whether the report MC.9 can be used for monthly analyses with the changed material group.

Thanks

sgs