cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Gurus,

Can you please tell me, If I am doing the reservation through MB21 and issuing the material.

I want to know in which costing report the cost of these material will be available.

Can you tell me what are the drawback of issuing the material through MB21.

Is the same will affect maintenance cost report please guide me.

AR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Draw back of issuing MB21 , *You aren't planning for Material in order , i.e.,

,* Maintenance Dept will be having a limited budget every year.

what standard SAP process is

you create Order , Plan for Material quantity & Labor hrs , by which u get Planned Cost , which you can compare with budgeted Amount & then you can release & execute the Order.

We come to know before releasing Maint Order what is Maintenance Cost , how much maintenance money I can still do expenditure or how much money remaining.

If you directly do it by MB21 , you aren't planning in Order , you are reserving the Material first & Inputting the Order Number which is already released , there we can't compare with Budgeted amount.

If you using Movement type 261 , you can use MBI8 for Cost of Material & for movement type 201 , You want to use Cost center analysis ask FI Guy for this.

Regards,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

When i am seeing Budget available in order itself by clicking Rep.Budget/commit in cost tab it is giving an error message no reports are assigned to transaction. Can you please tell me the reason or where i have missed the customization.

AR

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you describe in details your process of issuing .

You cannot create reservation for maintenance order ,you can manullay issue using MB1A only . For creating the reservation you have to use maintenance order only

Then you can get the cost report in MC* series T code

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The scenerio is some enduser are doing the reservation through MB21 and issuing the material throgh MB1A,Because of this we are not able to capture maintenance cost in maintenance report.

If you see all the MC* series report they are based on order.if you create reservation through order then cost can be display in MC*or IW39 report.

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Jun 8, 2009 11:47 AM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

IF you want to capture the cost for maintenance ,then you have to use only maintenance order reservation or usd MB1A sepcify extra material for the reservation .

Manual reservation wont work for the maintenance

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member681489
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

when You are creating reservation through mb21 you have to define movement type , you can issue a material either at cost center or at order , when you are creating a resrvation against the cost center then cost is hit at that cost center , and order then cost is hit at techincal object of that order .

drawback and advantages are with your need , authorization and your buissnes need ,

jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Can you tell me how to see the cost Report of material issue through MB21.

Because if i will not enter order no. it will not display in iw39 or mci8 report.

Also tell me t-code to see the costcenterwise cost.

please put your valuable expertise

AR.

Edited by: Amit Rana on Jun 8, 2009 8:54 AM

former_member681489
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

MB21 is only used for creating reservation , then material is issued through mb1a against resrvation . and report can be seen mb51 .

cost center wise report can be seen by S_ALR_87013623

Jitender

Edited by: Jitender Suhag on Jun 8, 2009 12:37 PM