cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material XXX does not exist in plant YYY

0 Kudos

When we are creating quotations in SAP via VA41, we are getting an error that Material XXX does not exist in the plant YYY. Ideally Material should not not be the part of the plant for which we are getting an error. Not sure what's going wrong and based on which information material is trying to access the plant.

Please advise.

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. I recommend that you familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. For example, you can outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful), provide a descriptive subject line, make sure you've applied all of the appropriate tags, and so on. Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit (although once someone answers your question, you'll lose the ability to edit the question.

--Jerry

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The error is itself understood.

If you are user, please contact with your supervisor or superior colleague.

Search the same error text in google, you will find so many answers to your questions

0 Kudos

I checked MMBE/MARA/XD03 transaction to make sure that plant is not maintain against the SKU/Customer which I am using. kamlesh.kumar4. I have checked all the links on goolgle but all of them says how can we maintain the plant with SKU but we don't want to. That plant should not be having that SKU.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Quotations are created via VA21. VA41 is for creation of contracts. Review the documentation provided by the implementation team, if it says otherwise - point to them that this is incorrect and request updated materials.

2. In sales documents like quotations, contracts and orders you can specify manually the delivering plant on header level and on item level. The delivering plant on item level has the highest priority, the plant on item level is used if you do not set manually the delivering plant on item level.

3. If you do not specify manually the plant in the sales document, then the standard plant determination is triggered. If you have customer material info record and the document is set to read CMIR, then the plant from it is set in the document item. If there is no CMIR or the document does not read CMIRs, then check the customer master -> if there is delivering plant, it will be copied to the document items. If there is no delivering plant for the customer in this sales area -> check the material master -> if there is delivering plant in Sales: Sales Org1, it will be set in the document item.

It is also possible to have custom logic for plant determination in the sales documents. Assuming that you are a business user - check with your implementation team. It is possible that it is mentioned in the training documentation as well.

My general recommendation in this case (still assuming that you are a business user) is to read the provided documentation for your specific system and to contact your local support team for further clarifications.

If you are a SD consultant - read the official SAP help, get some books, use the support portal to search for notes to learn more about SD. As to finding if there is custom logic for plant determination in SD - look at the usual suspects like MV45AFZB, MV45AFZZ, use SNIF or PRCAT, or just debug.

pataselano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For solve this problem, you can use extend material master of XXX material to plant YYY.

0 Kudos

Hello Onkar,

Go to transaction MM02 and update the material master record for the material XXX, as mentioned in your example.

Go to tab Sales:sales org 1 and maintain the plant YYY.

FYI:The delivering plant refers to the plant from which the goods are to be delivered to the customer, within a specific sales organization and distribution channel.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Gurjeet