cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Units of Measurement Define Problem

former_member211991
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a problem in defining a Units of Measurement .

I define  Units of Measuremt for a material as 77 KG  = 100 Liter which was working fine but after three months we had a requirement to change it to

132 KG = 100 Liter.

I changed but system did not take the effect.

System did not take the effect at GRN .

Material Setup

Kindly reply as soon as possible

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

reason is because you use "order unit" KG in PO..

Scenario 1

for the same scenario, if you've used base unit of measurement(L) as the order unit in PO, when you change the conversion factor and when you post the MIGO, system checks the material master and picks the conversion factor.

Scenario 2

but you used order unit(KG) in PO, and the PO is recorded with the old conversion factor. When you change the conversion in material master it doesnt update the conversion in PO. same way when you try to post the MIGO, system checks the conversion factor in PO and not the material master. thats the reason for your issue. You manually chang the conversion in the PO and try to post the migo. but this issue wont happen for next PO.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211991
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to all , resolve

Actually after changing in UO, I created Purchase Order by copying the older one which has the old Units of Measurement thats why it was creating problem. when i created Purchase order without copying it works  fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried my side but is working fine... Just come out from MIGO screen and try again.

If you changed in master that should be reflect in MIGO..

Regards,

PK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the creation of purchase order the conversion rate is copied in the document so even if you change it in the master data the new conversion rate will not used at GRN but the old. Th new conversion rate will be used only if you create a new pruchase document. You can change the conversion rate in purchase document but be carefull if the price calculation used weight !

David