cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends...

i want to know, suppose i have 20 computers at client, all the computer r of different configuration and are of different prices, and the ram , motherboard and other parts of computers are also available in stock.

i just want to know under which material type computers should come and should i have to create 20 different computer under that material type. and under which material type should the ram, motherboard, etc r considered...

please help me, hope my question is clear../

thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Computers can be created as Assets(FI Part) or Configurable Material(KMAT)

2) RAM,Motherboard... can be created as Spare Parts(ERSA) or Configurable Material(KMAT).

Regards,

eswarmanu...

kaus_desh
Contributor
0 Kudos

i will suggest u to take materil type as KMAT and use class and set ofcharactristics to define its configration matrix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my view,

If your material is your Asset, You can use HIBE Material type.

And you have to create 20 different material and for all material it's configuration is add in it's purchase order text.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

u can use the material type KMAT configutrable material

u can use varient config so that using a single material like COM u can define the parameters as per specification

like mother board ram etc

check following for varient config

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/steps-for-variant-configuration-and-pricing.htm

regrad

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, they may treat as "Assets". which have the depreciation.Map as "CAPE" or others also that depend again the client how treating these materils..!

regards

R